Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't seem to get my 3, 4 inch caribe off of feeders im sick of buying so many fish they eat like 20 rosy reds in 5 minutes its starting to add up like a smoking habit like 4 dollars every 2 days.I have tryed white fish like filets and it just sits at the bottom of the tank untouched what other fish can I try to get at the grocery store???? Thanks

·
Registered
7,579 Posts
You've to starve them for a week and try to feed them fillet. If they still will not eat, then starve them for another week. I use catfish fillet for mine and they love it. They can go for over a month with food and they'll not starve themself to death.

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
yep, dont give them any other options of food to eat, if they dont eat what you want dont feed them any thing else till they eat it. once they try it it will grow on them. also this method of starving may sound harsh, but piranha, are capebale of going in excess of a month with out food.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
rchan11 said:
You've to starve them for a week and try to feed them fillet. If they still will not eat, then starve them for another week. I use catfish fillet for mine and they love it. They can go for over a month with food and they'll not starve themself to death.
[snapback]847137[/snapback]​
thats what i did ,,now they eat everything ,,,little pigs that they are,,good luck

·
Registered
494 Posts
if they just wont eat it off the bottom you can hang it mid water in the tank with a piece of threat of something. it gets a little annoying if they dont eat it and you have to keep doing it, but it will be worth it in the long run if it works.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
I was in the same boat. I starved my Ps for 34 days, trying to get then to eat fillets and they wouldn't touch them. I ended up buying a bag of smelt from the grocery store and they loved it! For my Ps, I guess it had to look like a fish still before they would eat them.

·
Registered
197 Posts
what is smelt, i heard of it many times but i don't think i have ran accross it while buying groceries?

·
These colours don't run !
4,895 Posts
battlefish said:
I can't seem to get my 3, 4 inch caribe off of feeders im sick of buying so many fish they eat like 20 rosy reds in 5 minutes its starting to add up like a smoking habit like 4 dollars every 2 days.I have tryed white fish like filets and it just sits at the bottom of the tank untouched what other fish can I try to get at the grocery store???? Thanks

[snapback]847123[/snapback]​
i think thats what happens when you use feeders

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
im not trying to harsh anyone out but how many of these My pirahna wont eat anything but feeders threads do we need i see like 2 a day
all it takes is a simple topic search or check the pinned threads and we wont have a bunch of ppl who only feed feeders cause its fun to watch them eat trying to figure out why thats all they want if you were a baby and all u ate was candy all you would want is candy right? maybe a mass memo to all newbies about the search option and pinned threds might help i dunno maybe its just me but i doubt it
search and u will recive
peace

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Powder said:
im not trying to harsh anyone out but how many of these My pirahna wont eat anything but feeders threads do we need i see like 2 a day
all it takes is a simple topic search or check the pinned threads and we wont have a bunch of ppl who only feed feeders cause its fun to watch them eat trying to figure out why thats all they want if you were a baby and all u ate was candy all you would want is candy right? maybe a mass memo to all newbies about the search option and pinned threds might help i dunno maybe its just me but i doubt it
search and u will recive
peace
[snapback]850150[/snapback]​
not very peacefuly of a reply dude, constructive criticism

1 - 16 of 16 Posts