Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok guys, i plan on finally getting my ps' this coming week and i just want to make sure everything is ready for when they arrive. MY plan is to get 5 red bellies 1.5-2 inch in a 55 gallon tank. and yes i plan to upgrade as they grow. Ok, i have a crap brand wal-mart powerfilter thats rated for 40-60 gallon tanks and i also added an AC500. I've got the water temp stable at 82 degrees and the tank is properly cycled. I've got all kinds of different decorations and everything. Ph is right around 7. Ive got a cheap wal-mart air pump and 2 airstones. i still have to put tape on my lights to cut down on . and the other thing i was thinking about is that black water stuff i hear people talking about. is this necessary to have or what? now keeping all this in mind, is there anything else i need to add to my tank? thanks guy

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
Yeah.. one and most important thing you forgot to mention and is a solid neccessity is.. "LOVE". You need love for your Ps in order for them to forever be happy!!

Honestly, your blue prints on your tank seems good enought!!
I was gonna disagree with your prefilter, but your AC 500 would help make up for it (but you will still need to upgrade the bigger they get). I have no other suggestions but to add your Ps and become a happy owner!!! Congrats!!!

·
Registered
22,692 Posts
Black water extract is not necessary, but your p's for sure won't mind if you use it.
A word of caution though: playing with the pH (what you will do when adding BWE) can have unexpected and even potentially dangerous effects, since it will cause the pH to vary (greatly). Ph swings are much more dangerous than a somewhat higher or lower pH than the ideal: it's up to you, but keep that in mind when you decide to use it...

·
OPEFE
10,249 Posts
You don´t need black water at all...everything is OK, congrats!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.