Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
27,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please tell me the coolest (and not that expensive) cichlid to get....personality wise. Its for my girlfriend.

·
reasonably awesome
7,613 Posts
Jack Dempsey... although midas and RD's are reportedly great, too, but they dont look near as good as a Dempsey or Jag or GT.

Dempseys also grow a bit smaller than the others, if your concerned of tank space

·
OPEFE
10,249 Posts
Your girlfriend will love the Oscar as mine do, very very smart cichlid and not too difficult to care!

Best i can recommend!

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts
I would say an oscar, but due to their size you may want another cichlid - other than that I would suggest a severum (not 2) or parrot cichlids or both of these options.

I know parrot fish are hybrids but the ones I have owned have been full of personality and some of my fave fish that I have ever owned!!!

also with them and the severum you can have other fish

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
You could find her a cheaper flowerhorn... they are extremely interactive with their owner, and she will be crazy for a girly colored one. She will think it is a darling... but you will secretly know its a hellraiser in a glass cage

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts
salvinis are also nice, so are firemouths, rams, kribs and angelfish

·
Registered
59 Posts
What size tank does she have? Get her a pair of convicts. Really easy to take care of. And she'll probably like it when the convicts have babies.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Flowerhorns, Trimacs, Red devils, Striped Midas....all very personable.

Do you plan on getting a large tank ?... lol

·
Registered
27,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
spyderman said:
What size tank does she have? Get her a pair of convicts. Really easy to take care of. And she'll probably like it when the convicts have babies.
I can use the babies as feeders!

I was thinking a red devil or midas, they look awesome! What are the ones that require the smallest tank size?

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
devil or midas will require at least a 75g tank. if you have any questions you can always ask me over IM as well if need be mike. I'll try to snag some pics of my baby devil/midas for you to check out.

Mark

·
Registered
500 Posts
No way Xenon,if you want personality,great colors,and still a nasty fish go with a Fahaka puffer!I love the one I got.I will post some pics for yeah tomorrow and puffers are like puppies all girls love them

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
BDKing57 said:
You could find her a cheaper flowerhorn... they are extremely interactive with their owner, and she will be crazy for a girly colored one. She will think it is a darling... but you will secretly know its a hellraiser in a glass cage
I would go for a Flowerhorn also.. She would love it for the color and think that you'd put so much efforts in looking for a perfect one she'd like. (Remember.. girls like colorful and shiny things
)

Keep us posted on what you decide on, and what her reactions would be!! Good Luck Romantic Mike!!!!

·
im offended and this is tastless,take it down &#33
4,277 Posts
what abotu butterkofri ? they are nasty byaaztches!!!!

1 - 20 of 48 Posts