Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
2012 Is the year the World ENDS!!!&#33
4,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to pick up a 15 gallon set-up this friday. I wanted to get help as to what to put inside of it. I already have a feeder tank. I guess what I'm looking for is a fish or fishs that are like Oscars. I know that the tank is to small for an Oscar but any tips would be great.

Thanks

·
Banned
11,729 Posts
not much dude...anything under 30 is temporary housing for babies to me. if you're looking for a tank to keep things in for life...goldfish, tetras, mollies...maybe some barbs. no tinfoil barbs. danios...hmm, what else. a single red belly. hehehe. BARELY. neon tetras are awesome. extremely cheap, yet UBER active, and strikingly fast.

·
^word
4,386 Posts
Convicts, u could have a buntch of those and there really cheap, at my lfs there 50 cents a peice

·
^word
4,386 Posts
r1dermon said:
if you're looking for a tank to keep things in for life...goldfish, tetras, mollies...maybe some barbs.
[snapback]927872[/snapback]​
ha goldfish get +12, thats not gunna fit in a 15

·
2012 Is the year the World ENDS!!!&#33
4,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dam I knew it.... Not much to pick from. I just getting the tank because it's a steal at $15 with everything you need.

·
Breaki'n all day...
4,507 Posts
Phtstrat said:
Maybe a nice planted tank with some neon or cardinal tetras.
[snapback]927878[/snapback]​
i agree.
you should plant the sh*t out of it and put in a bunch of neon tetra's

·
Let's split up gang!
3,693 Posts
Tibs said:
Convicts, u could have a buntch of those and there really cheap, at my lfs there 50 cents a peice
[snapback]927887[/snapback]​
You could house 1 Con in there for life, but any more and they'll kill each other. Especially if you have a breeding pair.

Check out a Green Spotted Puffer. (common puffer) Even more personality than an Oscar, and it's supposed to be one of the most intelligent freshwater fish. Just don't put any other fish in with it cause it'll kill anything you put in there. My 1.5" puffer took off the tail of my 5" Flowerhorn. He'll get about 2" and you can house him in there for life. Another good thing is, it's one of the few true freshwater puffers.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
No single red-belly there is no barely involved. One red needs a 55.

I would go for a planted 15 with some nice small tetras.

G

·
Paradoxus Exodon

AKA Bucktooth Tetra

You could keep a large enough school in there that they owuldnt kill eachother IMO. Just a ferocious as P's.

--Dan

·
Banned
11,729 Posts
a single rbp does not NEED a 55 to live...a 29 will suffice for a single red belly for life. and a 40 is better for a red belly anyway, its way wider. what i meant by barely was you could get away with it for a while. a quarter sized red belly is not going to be unhappy in a 15 for a while. i did say temporary housing.

also, what goldfish get 12+ inches long? commons reach 8, comet goldfish are the second longest, but they barely reach 8. other than that...good filter on a 10 gallon tank is sufficient for a fantail goldfish which reaches a maximum of 4" in length. i wasnt specific to a particular goldfish...but even still, common goldfish can still be kept in a 10 by themselves. and they live quite long as well.

·
Let's split up gang!
3,693 Posts
Whoops, I meant a Tetraodon Cutcutia "Common Puffer". Got it confused with a Green Spotted Puffer. The Cutcutia is a freshwater puffer that gets about 2-3".

·
DOC#003162
15,011 Posts
r1dermon said:
a single rbp does not NEED a 55 to live...a 29 will suffice for a single red belly for life. and a 40 is better for a red belly anyway, its way wider. what i meant by barely was you could get away with it for a while. a quarter sized red belly is not going to be unhappy in a 15 for a while. i did say temporary housing.

also, what goldfish get 12+ inches long? commons reach 8, comet goldfish are the second longest, but they barely reach 8. other than that...good filter on a 10 gallon tank is sufficient for a fantail goldfish which reaches a maximum of 4" in length. i wasnt specific to a particular goldfish...but even still, common goldfish can still be kept in a 10 by themselves. and they live quite long as well.
[snapback]928301[/snapback]​
how big do you think this one is

i have seen fantails bigger then fourinches

·
^word
4,386 Posts
r1dermon said:
[snapback]928301[/snapback]​
shuboken, common, almost all cept the fancy, and fantails dont get 4", practically ever goldfish gets at least 6". my grandpa had a 24" goldfish in a pond. goldfish arnt aquarium fish, there pondfish. and i think either convicts, or maybe a small saltwater wit fuzzy lions, damsels, and clownfish

·
DOC#003162
15,011 Posts
Tibs said:
shuboken, common, almost all cept the fancy, and fantails dont get 4", practically ever goldfish gets at least 6". my grandpa had a 24" goldfish in a pond. goldfish arnt aquarium fish, there pondfish. and i think either convicts, or maybe a small saltwater wit fuzzy lions, damsels, and clownfish
[snapback]928370[/snapback]​
i dont think a 15 gal is big enough for any of that

1 - 20 of 28 Posts