Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, first off I'm real excited to finally be getting these fish tomorrow. Now, I have one red belly already, and I was wondering if anyone had any ideas as far as a good tank setup for the three fish. Also, I will be driving an hour to get them, so how should I care for them on the way home? What about air and water temp and things like that? What should I do? How long should I float them... you know, anything you think will help. thanks in advance.
andrew

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
first off, WELCOME TO THE BOARD :D
secondly when transporting your piranha make sure it is done as quickly as possible and that you have the most amount of water in the bag as possible. Try to keep the car the same temp as the water should be and cover the bag over to make it dark so as to keep stress levels as low as possible. If you are worried about oxygen levels tehn open bag and shake the water some. This will allow for new oxygen to reenter the water.

As for floating the bag as you said, you should set the bag in the water for 10 mins without opening it, then open the bag and slowly aclimitize for up to an hour for best results by adding small amounts of water from the established aquarium into the bag. after this has been done for up to an hour your Piranhas are then ready to be realesed into the new tank.
HAVE FUN, AND ENJOY

·
Go Bucks!
3,164 Posts
One thing you will need to be careful of is floating the bag in the tank. Depending on how your current RBP is, they may put a hole in the big pretty quick. Just something to watch out for and it may not even be a worry.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was going to take my current RBP out, and then place him in with them after i re-arrange everything anyway. Thanks Guys, I appreciate the help, I'll let you know how it turns out. :rockin:

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
taking out the old rbp and rearranging is a good idea. It helps break up the p's territorial boundaries, which will cause less problems when introducing the new guys.

Good Luck!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts