Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friends parents moved at and away and left everything in the house for them to sell. So there 150 gallan fish tank sparked an intrested. It had everything complete on it on a stand and canopy filters galor and decor for it. When I asked how much she told me 475.00 and I said sold. so happy. I'm deciding what to put in it. I already have a black rhom in an 60. Should I move him up or keep in and get a shoal? and if a shoal how many can I keep for life in an 150Gal? THanks for the input

· Registered
5,089 Posts
BlackPoker said:
My friends parents moved at and away and left everything in the house for them to sell. So there 150 gallan fish tank sparked an intrested. It had everything complete on it on a stand and canopy filters galor and decor for it. When I asked how much she told me 475.00 and I said sold. so happy. I'm deciding what to put in it. I already have a black rhom in an 60. Should I move him up or keep in and get a shoal? and if a shoal how many can I keep for life in an 150Gal? THanks for the input
[snapback]836340[/snapback]​
First of all, how big is the rhom? If the rhom isnt too big, I would get a shoal. I would put somewhere between 7-10 pygos in there. If you include piraya, I would lean towards less.

· Registered
5,089 Posts
BlackPoker said:
hes around 5-6 inches.
[snapback]836362[/snapback]​
Im not sure what the dimensions are of a 60 gal, but im thinking the rhom will be fine in that tank for at least a few years. I would definitely go with the pygos.

· Registered
1,900 Posts
great deal. that is an awsome find. i would go with 6-7 pyhos. this is based on the 20g per fish rule. although if u get caribe's or piraya's i would go wiht 6 rather than 7. if it was me i would do less than 6 and give my p's more room to swim. this also depends on how well u take care of the water conditions. good luck and keep us posted.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.