Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well the day has come and im getting into saltwater iv got a great deal on anice big tank it is 6ft long by 2and a half ft wide by 3ft high and the glass is 12mm thick got it all for £150 with a full length hood and 3light strips on which will need 2 be changed for a saltwater tank and the bloke it building me a stand for it really wanted it on glass blocks but cudnt get hold of any in time,

the only reason my woman is lettin me have this tank is cause i had 2 get rid of my other animals but hey i get 2 keep my piranha tank which is a uk 100gal 5ft by 2ft by 2ft
so i hope 2 talk 2 all of u soon and ill be askin some questions once i get my new tank up and running.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well im going 2 firstly get aload of dead rock and stack it how i want it and then im thinking of getting around 200pounds of live rock and placing that ontop of the dead rock that is stacked up so its right near the light was thinking mayb afew months b4 i put some fish in wanna get it all sorted and that, then firstly im looking at something like clowns and that firstly damsels and wot not then afew other lil fish, mayb an eel some shrimps ect want to set it up like the owner had, had it b4 with all the beautiful lil fish that were out during the day and at the nite out same all the predators so i think with this size i can mayb try my hand at that 2, im open 2 all options of fish, i ll be getting hold of some sea horses 2 my girl wants them,

·
Registered
7,579 Posts
Stay away from damsels, they're very agressive toward new fish and will kill them. Eel will eat anything that will fit in its mouth. If you want to get seahorses, make it a species tank only.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
If you get seahorses, you can have no other fish in the tank. They are pansies and they are slow and don't compete for their food. Only thing that goes with seahorses is corals.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
first off do some research. sounds already like you dont exactly know what to go with. you plan on a reef tank from what i read. also you said 200lbs of live rock that's about $1400 of rock there. if youre going reef, dont worry about fish just yet, gonna need protien skimmer, wet/dry, pumps, powerheads, overflow, live sand, ro water. then decide on what lighting system you wanna go with, vho, compact or metal halide. around 3 watts per gallon. along with all the plumbing. when the tanks good and cycled start doing some reading up on corals, anenome etc.. and see what vitamins, minerals etc youre going to be needing/adding/measuring on a daily and weekly basis. youre limited to what fish you can have in a reef tank, so fish arent the focal point of a reef tank. if you want predatory fish go fish only salt tank.

if your doing fish only tank with just deco, then just need salt, hydrometer and basic filter.

or just save time and hand over about 5g's to me!

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
oh what a lovely bunch of ppl 6views and no 1 even saying hello very friendly
hello :rasp:
[/quote]

lol hello

as far as sea horses go the person who i am gettin the tank off had some in wen it was his saltwater tank and they were fine he also had an eel and some other things in there 2 diff lighting and stuff so it was like a beautiful reef during the day and during then nite wen everything closed up all the predators came out like the eel n stuff, ill be using a cascade 1200 filtration and havent looked up a external protien skimmer yet, and wen i said 200pounds of live rock i ment like £200 in my money lol just 2 start with.i wont be using a sump either

ill have it by this weekend anyways so ill take afew shot and show u guys so u can tell me wot u think,and water monster id love 2 hand over the cash so u cud set it up for me but i dont have that kinda money its going 2 be kinda like an on going project.

·
these cold eyes lock much wonder...
5,370 Posts
buy a blue saltwater lobster from me man,,lol or one of my rare colored ones iam shure i can find one,,,gonna cost ya 100 bones ware ya live,,?it would fit nicly in a 6 foot tank.

·
these cold eyes lock much wonder...
5,370 Posts
middlesbrough england, do u ship like lol
sorry dude not that far,,,,lol
but wouldnt that make a great bizznass to get going ,, rare aquarim lobsters it would be good for tourist two we live in a fishing village ,, its a little project um gonna get off the ground soon

p fury u better suport me two.....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts