Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok well i think ive narrowed it down to 2....either a lepord geko or a chameleon. i just wanted to know some care tips, as far as like temp, humidity, all that good stuff. also, i was wondering, since the tank is a good size for such a small lizard, if i could put more than one in there......and if i could i would like to get a breeding pair. If so how do you determine sex??? all information is very much appreciated.

· Registered
1,575 Posts
I'm assuming that you are new to reptile keeping? If so, i would reccomend the gecko. Cham's can prove difficult to keep, need really good ventilation and a drip system.

There are many species of gecko you could have other than just leopard geckos, i quite like crested gecko. have a look round the web and see what you like the look of.

leopard gecko caresheet

· ~ATLANTA BRAVES~
15,116 Posts
Just as "burf" stated chameleons can be a little harder to care for. Have you owned any reptiles before? Or are you totally new to this hobby?
There are tons of really cool looking geckos out there. What I would suggest is looking around for one that you like then look into the proper care for that species to see if you can handle it.

· Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
FreakyAcidTripper said:
whats the tank dimensions if its big enough I belive you could start a breeding colony.
[snapback]873309[/snapback]​
thanks guys for all your help i think i am gonnaget some geckos........my tank is 48lx12wx16h...... i got it for free but i dont have to use that one i can get one with better dimensions if need be....a breeding colony does sound intriguing, are my dimensions good for it?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.