Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was reading through about garlic additives for food and i was wondering if adding actual garlic to a mixture of food or any other food (beefheart, squid, smelt and what have you) would improve the nutrition of you piranhas diet? I know its very good for humans, and I use it in about everything I make, so I was wondering if it would be wise to do this...anyone have any scientific information of personal experience on doing this?

·
8,410 Posts
Don't know about a boost in nutricion but they do like the flavor!!

I use vitamins in the defrost water with my foods, and add garlic to mask the taste of the vitamins. I noticed that they really seem to like the garlic juice.

I use garlic juice from the LFS, it is expensive, like $12. a bottle, but it is incredibly strong, only a drop or 2 is needed...

·
~ATLANTA BRAVES~
18,086 Posts
Civic Disobedience said:
Don't know about a boost in nutricion but they do like the flavor!!

I use vitamins in the defrost water with my foods, and add garlic to mask the taste of the vitamins. I noticed that they really seem to like the garlic juice.

I use garlic juice from the LFS, it is expensive, like $12. a bottle, but it is incredibly strong, only a drop or 2 is needed...
[snapback]848850[/snapback]​
What typ of vitamins do you use?

·
Serras n Snakes
3,571 Posts
jamesdelanoche said:
I was reading through about garlic additives for food and i was wondering if adding actual garlic to a mixture of food or any other food (beefheart, squid, smelt and what have you) would improve the nutrition of you piranhas diet? I know its very good for humans, and I use it in about everything I make, so I was wondering if it would be wise to do this...anyone have any scientific information of personal experience on doing this?
[snapback]847809[/snapback]​
I've never tried it myself but ... I was talking to the guys at the lfs and they were saying that you can use some of the garlic juice (available at the lfs) to help to mask the smell of some of the vitamin additives like Kent Zoe or to help stimulate their appetites.

·
8,410 Posts
I use Kent Marine "ZOE" freshwater vitamins

I add a few drops to my frozen foods while they defrost. The garlic was recomended by the LFS to mask any ill taste the vitamins may cause.

They really seem to like the Garlic, I notice a difference when I add the garlic, even without the vitamins. Right now I'm out of vitamins, but still add garlic.

Going to get more Vatimins tommorow... payday

·
Registered
11,318 Posts
I know garlic is used as a fishing bait (spray it on a worm) because the scent is very strong, would definatly stimulate their appetite.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts