Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, would 1 fx5 be enough for my 125g??? i have 4 caribes at 6".
also, what do you guys recommend for heating? one big heater or 2 smaller ones? i saw "stealth" heaters at petsmart. are stealth heaters good??? if not can someone recommend a brand. thanks in advance, karl

·
Registered
65 Posts
i would add eighter emperor 400 or AC 500 with that as well..
why?isn't the fx5 for up to 300 gallons?i dont see why you would need a HOB.plus the fx5 comes with the dual outlet to have agitation in 2 diffrent directions.IMO i think the fx5 is enough.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
For heating you'd be fine using two or using one. You may use less power if you have two, but either way they will evenly heat your tank. I've got my heater laying horizontal right in the path of my powerhead so that it's sure to cover the entire tank.

·
Registered
8,417 Posts
on my 125 gal i have one visi-therm heater 300watt and it is fine
i personally dont like two heaters b/c it looks messy at the back with more then one
the fx5 isnt thats for up to 400 gal?
that will be enought but you can never have too much filtration so if you wanted you could add an HOB

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah im basically trying to keep the power bill as low as possible, so im trying to get opinions from you guys and you have all been very helpful, thanks. my power bill was 25 bucks and now its 100 bucks, so im kinda bummed. LOL
thanks, karl

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.