Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Beautiful One
8,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay well I have a 10 gallon and I have a goby and a chromis and a clown fish and 2 snails what do you think I should get without overcrowding my tank and I like things that are colorful and I am hoping to get some emerald crabs or something or maybe another percula clownfish what are your thoughts?

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
Neon Tetras!!! Ive seen a whole bunch in a 15 gal before. Its amazing how it makes a wave effect when all move together.

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts
Rhomzilla she has a saltwater tank so neons are not on the cards.

also I do not think you should get anything new as you just had a death in that tank and also it is really newly set up.
If I was you I would not add to it for at least 2 weeks, most likely a bit longer.

·
Beautiful One
8,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Innes said:
Rhomzilla she has a saltwater tank so neons are not on the cards.

also I do not think you should get anything new as you just had a death in that tank and also it is really newly set up.
If I was you I would not add to it for at least 2 weeks, most likely a bit longer.
hence the name future tankmates

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts
well then without knowing about their real needs I would suggest you get one of those box puffers with horns - I have no idea what they are called, but my LFS always has small yellow ones.

and also a seahorse, once I saw stripey ones which I liked.

I also like those small ones that are half purple, and half yellow and have a pointy bit on the front of their dorsal fin.

God damn it, after trying to describe the marine fish I look at but never even look at the name tag I realise I need to buy a marine ID book.

·
Beautiful One
8,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That would be wise

·
5 TIME CHAMPS
19,142 Posts
Innes said:
I also like those small ones that are half purple, and half yellow and have a pointy bit on the front of their dorsal fin.

is this the one innes?.

its a royal gramma...

·
5 TIME CHAMPS
19,142 Posts
Innes said:
well then without knowing about their real needs I would suggest you get one of those box puffers with horns - I have no idea what they are called, but my LFS always has small yellow ones.

cowfish..

you have to be careful with this species for they carry poison..and at time they secreate it when threated or when it dies and will kill your entire tank including himself if its alive....they are dirty eaters and produce lots of waste..need heavy filtration(wet/dry) if there was one puffer that i would suggest it would be a valentini puffer,small and hardy but you will need to get a bigger tank..ten just won't do..

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
Innes said:
Cow-fish!!! Yellow box looking slatwater fish that has a beak, 2 horns and spikes for its arms and legs!! Those guys are kyoot!!!!
One of the best fish to get for a female, in my opinion!!!

Heres a pix from Cowfish.com:

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts
Those are some of the species I was trying to describe

·
Beautiful One
8,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I like the cowfish can you get one depoisoned and is it suitable for a 10gallon?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts