Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
today i was in my local fortinos when i noticed those live trout for like $4.00 a piece and i thought to myself, that could feed my piranha's for a week!, so i asked the clerk if i can buy one alive. then there was a big rucuss. the manager comes out, "why do u want it alive?" "we can gut it for u", i told her it's to feed to my piranha's and they were all amzazed, i guess i am the first person to buy a live trout from fortino's. then when im in line everyones asking me "why is it still alive", and i have to explain to them that im feeding it to my piranha's, oh what a fiasco. then when i get home and put it in a holding tank [b/c i wasn't gunna feed it till friday] the bastard dies within like 5 minutes of being in the water

· Registered
564 Posts
kyle_5rb said:
[b/c i wasn't gunna feed it till friday] the bastard dies within like 5 minutes of being in the water
[snapback]873514[/snapback]​
bummer

· Registered
3,063 Posts
that sucks. Like te time i was at my lfs, and i bought like 30 mollys for a snack while i was on vacation. The lady next to me was buying them for pets. She commented that i must really like mollys. I was like no but my piranhas do.

· Registered
10,481 Posts
mr.freez Posted Today, 03:19 PM
QUOTE(hastatus @ Feb 1 2005, 02:00 PM)
You may not know this, but trout are not a good fish to feed p's. Very, very messy and no real nutrition it for them.

really?! i knew they were messy as all hell but i didnt know they werent all that nutritious
But they sure taste good fried or baked with lemon and garlic.....yum

7,899 Posts
Trout are a cold water fish, maybe it was too hot in your holding tank, or he got overheated on the way home

Hmm... trout not good.... will have to keep that in mind. I gave my guys trout once, and they really seemed to enjoy it...

I have had some interesting convo's while buying food for my guys... I go to shoprite mostly, and always stop in the liquor store on the way out. Anyway I got to chatting with the cashier, and now I'm "Piranha man" whenever I go into the store :laugh:

I also tend to catch crap from some of the cashiers when buying "live food"
dem bitches!!

· Registered
177 Posts
I'd have to agree with ya Civic on the water temp. I caught a rainbow trout once. In the time it took to reel him up from the bottom, take the hook out(which he didn't swallow), and put him on the stringer. He was dead. It was the middle of the summer. I think the water surface temp was too hot for it. The fish was still delicious!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.