Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just called AquaTropical (LFS) and asked what p's they had. The lady said we have Black Tipped Piranhas. I said wats that , she was like oh they are black Piranhas dont worry. i asked her for the scintific name and she didnt know so I asked her to check with the manager caus I wanted to make sure its a rohm. When she got back to the phone she said they are called ...." Collossus Caproditus" !!!! WTF??? When I told her that no Piranha has a name like that and that a rohm is relly called a "serrasalmus rohmbeus", there was literally dead silence on the other side of the line. So i just told her that ill check them out for myself. She actually thanked me and hung up! Anyway thought i would share this anecdote.

·
Breaki'n all day...
4,507 Posts
wow, those people don't really know much do they

·
Registered
242 Posts
I did a search on google to see if maybe she mixed it up with something else. Collossus Caproditus or Colossus Caproditus both came up with 0 results. She must've made it up on the spot. It had probably worked on other customers not educated by the great Fury

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,504 Posts
Collossus Caproditus!!! Damn.. anything that sounds awesome just to make a sale.

·
Registered
11,318 Posts
lol thats sad, i had to call like 20 different fish stores just to find exodon, nobody knew what they were

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Yea i had the same experience when i drop by at a chinese LFS in mississauga(Canada) and the lady and the manager said it was a black piranha and then i looked closely and give em a smirk and told em it aint no piranha its a Pacu. I just laughed
still they don't believe 2 of them in the same tank around 8 inches in a 15 gal tank i think

·
Registered
3,240 Posts
wonder what she was looking at when she came up with that name!!!

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
judazz, they cant be pacu, my buddy checked them out and theyre either baby spilos or sanchezis.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
haider,I had an expierence there to.I had no clue about what size a snakehead can grow to but really wanted one because of there reputation.I asked the chinese man there and he told me I can keep a snakehead in a 10 gallon for 2 years.Now I have found out I need a f*cking 180g tank,they screwed me over,but I am still happy with my snakehead and I am keeping it.

·
Registered
195 Posts
DONT WORRY PEOPLE THAT WORKS IN AQUA TROPICALE ARE ALL ASS HOLES(TO BE POLITE)
EXEPT FOR ONE GUY THEY HAVE BEEN PUNKS FOR 10 YEARS AND NOT ABOUT TO CHANGE!!!
ESPECIALLY THE F......G MANAGER (FEEL LIKE TKO HIS ASS EVERY TIME I GO THERE)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts