Piranhas Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody have and funny fish or pet stories?

When I was about 5 years old I got a couple goldfish. My mom put them in a fish bowl which I now recall was a large vase. No gravel or anything, just fish in a vase. I was on top of the world to have these little goldfish!

After about a month of taking great care of them, or so I thought, my mom said they had to go because they smelled so bad it would gag you. I told her I would clean the bowl if I could keep them. She said okay so away I went to clean the bowl.

Boy, they smelled too bad to even get the water out. Whoa! I had a plan. I knew my dad had some stuff that he put on his face that would make them smell good. After digging through all his stuff in the dresser, I returned to the my little friends carrying a bottle of English Leather aftershave. It was all I could do to get the cap off but I got it and proceeded to dump a little in the bowl, and then some more, and some more, until the bottle was empty.

There! I thought. That should get them smelling good! Later that day, my mom screamed out the back door. I knew that was the "I'm in trouble" voice but I didn't remember doing anything wrong! Upon arrival to the fish bowl, There she was with that "wait til your dad gets home" look. She was holding the empty aftershave bottle. Then, to my horror, she stepped to the side, revealing the little goldfish and they didn't look so good.

Then, the other mom look, the one saying "I want to beat your ass and your dad surely will too but I can't stop laughing long enough". So we took the little dead goldfish for the traditional burial at sea in the bathroom.

I had the best smelling dead goldfish ever and I think it made mom's day too!

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
lol ... yeah those things never smell the most pleasent ... even at the LFS ... damn i think my fish need to shave soon too LOL ....

·
Registered
4 Posts
:D I once owned a Red Hook silver dollar that used to bully my Managuense,and a red devil.It was wicked funny, the cichlids were both bigger but for some reason they were scared to death of that Red Hook,my friends would come over and think that the Red Hook was a piranha.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.