Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got back from Pet co with the most f'ed up story EVER.

Was looking at the tanks, and noticed an oscar in a tank by himself. I looked and figured he just jumped in and was spending time with the other African fish he was with. While this alone was funny, it wasn't enough.

The tanks are stacked 3 high and are in a long row with open tops with not much of a covering and only a little devider of plexy to keep them from the other fish. Well, I guess one guy was hungry cause, and I'm not shittin you, after a few tries a 6-7" albino tiger oscar managed to jump from his tank out and into a tank belowe him and take out a clown loach before an assistant could get in the way.

I thought for sure he was going to land on the floor but he went splashing into the tank and settled to the bottom in shock, but as soon as a little clown loach zipped by he grabbed it.

Talk about home invasion! I'm still laughing at the whole thing. I know the oscar wont have any issues they are tough crackers but the poor loach didn't even know what hit him.

·
Cannonfruit!!!1!!1!11!
12,264 Posts
Damn, dude! I knew octopi pulled off things like that, but never heard of an O switching tanks and eating right afterwards...yikes!

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think its just oscars jumping and such and he tried to jump out and got lucky.

You can sit and watch dojo loachs change tanks all day. I was looking for a peacock eel (Reason for being at the store) and the tank was empty with just gravel. I walked back a few mins later and a dojo from the tank next to it was swimming around. Petco needs a new system.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts