Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
I ordered this from my lfs and it took a while to get in and I was so happy when I picked it up, then I opened the box. What is with the slots across the top?
Has anyone else seen a canopy that is not solid or complete across the top?
Every canopy that I have seen is complete without slats in the top.
Looks strange to me...?

·
Registered
82 Posts
I have seen some like that at my LFS but I have no clue what it is for. I dont think they would know if I asked either lol. Sorry I could help you out.

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just plain think that it looks stupid. I am 6 foot 8 so the only thing that I see when I am standing is the slots. I always thought a canopy was supposed to be solid or complete to make your tank look "cleaned up"(so you dont see the lights and filters hanging over the top), if you know what I mean. With slots in the canopy I feel like I may as well have stuck to the stupid glass hood. Maybe I am just crazy...who knows.

·
~ATLANTA BRAVES~
18,086 Posts
Looks like some kind of vent of some sorts. Not sure why it would be needed though cuz the bck of the canopy is not sealed

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
the only thing that i can think of is so there is not a whole lot of heat from the lights. that does kind of look dumb. hey when u have a canopy can u still have hang on filters like ac's or emps? i have always thought of getting one but they tend to be soooooo expensive. i will not pay more for a canopy then i paid for the tank.

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
I paid $115 for this one. I was pretty pumped cause that seemed cheap for a canopy. I am bummed now that I got it since it looks all cheese.
Yeah I have an emp 4 and it fits underneath the canopy. The back of all canopies are open, well the ones that I have seen. My emp fits perfectly underneath the back on the canopy. If the hang-on filter does not totally fit think about using a sander to sand down the back of the canopy some to allow the filter(s) to fit, make sense? Look at the picture, on the back of the tank you can see the emp 4 hangin'

Just make sure when you buy one you get what you think that you are getting and not some cheese dick, vent totin pile of a canopy, jk it does not look that bad, just pissed cause they lady showed me what I was supposedly going to be gettin.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts