Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how long does it take? with right amount of food and weekly waterchanges?

·
Registered
253 Posts
i got mine around 3 inches about a year and a half ago or so and hes already 6 inches or so hes huge...in my opinion it depends on how much u feed them cuz now with two other rbp that are smaller they easily can eat 15 to 20 feeders a night wen their hungry

·
Registered
480 Posts
1 inch a month ?????? ok I havent had a red Belly grow that fast. And I havent had a red belly that eats 20 feeders a day...Where do u guys get these piranhas ???? Steroids are us ????

·
Registered
253 Posts
before i knew about this site i had found riverwonders.com unfortunatly thats where i bought all three of my rbps but they have turned out nice and its between a three,four and 6 inch that they eat 20 feeders per night so three rbp not just one lol thatd be crazy

·
Registered
22,692 Posts
henry 79 said:
mike316 said:
i heard around 6 yrs.
[snapback]933537[/snapback]​
is this true?
[snapback]933650[/snapback]​
Depends on how you define "full size".

If you mean adult size (so around 12), 6 years could be a reasonable estimate, but it depends on many factors (diet, genes, water quality, stress levels, overall health, etc.)

If you mean full size as in full size, the answer is never - if they have enough space, fish continue to grow during their entire life. It might take 5 years to grow an inch once the fish has reached a monster-size, but under the rigt conditions, the process doesn't stop.

·
Registered
62 Posts
ive found that in warmer water they grow faster as it increases there metabolism

all i have is red bellies n ive found they grow 1/2" per month untill 5 or 5.5-6" in length n then slow down to a bout 1" per year after

but i keep my piranhas in slightly cooler water

my lone red doesnt eat much at all but my shoal of 6 reds at 2-3.5" take down 15-20 feeders every other night
but theres 6 of them

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
it varies. i have a friend whos rbp grew "10 in 8 months. mine grew about ".5 a month till it reached "7. damn i envy my friend

·
Registered
880 Posts
mine grew from 1" to 5" in just over a month but i feed em like crazy and they swim in my power head alot. also i keep my temp at a constant 80-81 degrees

1 - 13 of 13 Posts