Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello P-furyers,
I was wondering if it would be ok to up my GSP's SG to 1.020-1.022 from the currently 1.015-1.016. I am asking because my bro wants to give me a whole bunch of live rock for free, but my puffer is only 2.25" about and I am not sure if I should make him full marine yet or not. I would really like to get the live rock for free before my bro just gives it away to the pet shot (he's going to freshwater), but I don't want to hurt my puffer. People have kept GSPs in full marine when they were juveniles and they claim there really is not noticeable harm I just don't want to rush it. I was just wondering what your opinions and experiences were. Thanks for the replies.

·
tap or snap
11,911 Posts
if you do need to do it, i'd do a drip acclimation over a period of a few days. that'd probably be the best way to go about it.

G

·
hyphen said:
if you do need to do it, i'd do a drip acclimation over a period of a few days. that'd probably be the best way to go about it.
[snapback]962348[/snapback]​
Same here. Or, put him in a rubbermaid container, will a bit of air, then have it floating in the Marine tank. Poke a hole in the top, and every once in a while, push it below the surface. Air will rush our, and the saltwater will drip in to fill it's place. Thats how I converted my old GSP from fresh to Brackish. Kind of thought of it on the spot that day
Worked though!

--Dan

1 - 3 of 3 Posts