Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Danse Macabre!
10,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well not going to go that extreme, but I've decided I've had it with the bullshit associated with driving. For starters, I'm paying 440 dollars a month insurance on a spotless driving record with two and a half years driving experience. No tickets, no accidents, no insurance claims, no nothing. Based on this you'd assume I must be a teenager driving some super high end sports car or some sh*t, but I'm a 22 year old driving a f*cking family compact sedan (2003 Hyundai Elantra) so that theory goes out the window. Gas as we all know is f*cking ridiculous, and today was just the nail in the coffin.

I called today about changing the address on my licence (something I'd put off for months) and get this, my licence has been suspended for the past two months. Reason? Because I had one "failed to produce licence upon request tickets" that I forgot to pay from the summer on a day I was going out drinking and thus did not want to risk losing my wallet while drunk. Don't worry, obviously I was going to leave my car somewhere so drinking and driving wasn't going to be an issue. So I ask the impolite douchebag on the phone how to get my licence reinstated, the steps are as follows

"Call the court house to find out how much you owe, pay them the money plus 100 dollar administrative fee, then go to the ministry of transportation and pay them 150 dollars to get your licence reinstated, then after that wait for your licence to be reinstated, then come back to the driver licence issuing office and pay money to get another licence and wait for it to arrive in the mail".

In two words; "f*ck that". I live on the subway line, I make about 650 dollars a month working part time and going to school and have been paying about 520 of that to my car, the sh*t just aint worth it anymore. I'm done with driving, it's more hassle than it's worth and to top it off I just got a parking ticket for parking on the street where apparently you aren't allowed to park between december 1st and March 31st despite there being no signs to this extent. f*ck that sh*t, goodbye automobile, hello public transit

·
This f*cking Guy!
9,420 Posts
Fight The System Twitcho!!!

Im paying about $120 for my truck. Gas is what sucks (94 Z-71 5.7 Liter V-8)

There isnt ANY public transportation here, still a SMALL town, otherwise, id catch the Bus!

·
DOC#003162
15,011 Posts
i feel like this sometimes too, but mainly cause of traffic and gas and insurance and..........

, but i wouldnt be able to live here without it

·
Registered
3,240 Posts
Man that's why i aint driving right now, insurance company wants like 4000 bucks a year from me...
that

·
Registered
770 Posts
f*ck that, i got quoted for my bike, $8900 FOR FUCKIN 6 months of driving... not even full coverage.. f*ck THEM... no more insurance for me!!!!

·
Registered
3,240 Posts
It's The worst Scam out there, i can't tolerate insurance companies anymore but they're everywhere...

·
my sister is #1 best prostitute
10,963 Posts
damn i thought i was paying alot and i have had a sh*t load of speeding tickets..

the one thing that blows is when you decided to drive again and can afford it the insurance companies will give you a high rate for your first policy because you will have had a lapse in coverage. i went for two months with out my car because the tranny was shot and my policy was up and i could only afford either the insurance or the tranny repair so i put the insurance off until the car was fixed and when i went ot get a new policy it was 700 more than my last one and i had 3 points come off my record.. they really screw you any chance they get..

·
Registered
5,115 Posts
elTwitcho said:
Well not going to go that extreme, but I've decided I've had it with the bullshit associated with driving. For starters, I'm paying 440 dollars a month insurance on a spotless driving record with two and a half years driving experience. No tickets, no accidents, no insurance claims, no nothing. Based on this you'd assume I must be a teenager driving some super high end sports car or some sh*t, but I'm a 22 year old driving a f*cking family compact sedan (2003 Hyundai Elantra) so that theory goes out the window. Gas as we all know is f*cking ridiculous, and today was just the nail in the coffin.

I called today about changing the address on my licence (something I'd put off for months) and get this, my licence has been suspended for the past two months. Reason? Because I had one "failed to produce licence upon request tickets" that I forgot to pay from the summer on a day I was going out drinking and thus did not want to risk losing my wallet while drunk. Don't worry, obviously I was going to leave my car somewhere so drinking and driving wasn't going to be an issue. So I ask the impolite douchebag on the phone how to get my licence reinstated, the steps are as follows

"Call the court house to find out how much you owe, pay them the money plus 100 dollar administrative fee, then go to the ministry of transportation and pay them 150 dollars to get your licence reinstated, then after that wait for your licence to be reinstated, then come back to the driver licence issuing office and pay money to get another licence and wait for it to arrive in the mail".

In two words; "f*ck that". I live on the subway line, I make about 650 dollars a month working part time and going to school and have been paying about 520 of that to my car, the sh*t just aint worth it anymore. I'm done with driving, it's more hassle than it's worth and to top it off I just got a parking ticket for parking on the street where apparently you aren't allowed to park between december 1st and March 31st despite there being no signs to this extent. f*ck that sh*t, goodbye automobile, hello public transit

[snapback]842761[/snapback]​
i feel your pain, it gets better at 25 your rates should go waaay down..as long as you maintain no points.

G

·
$5280 dollars a year insurance!?!?! That's insane!

Car insurance is the biggest scam going.
-Their services are required by law.
-They choose who they will cover
-They choose what they will charge their customers

Although it seems unthinkable not to have a car, I have had many friends lose their license, and they adjusted just fine.

One adjusted so well to not driving that he didn't bother getting his license back for several years after the state said he could.

·
10,963 Posts
Liquid said:
:laugh:
i feel your pain, it gets better at 25 your rates should go waaay down..as long as you maintain no points.
[snapback]842827[/snapback]​
not sure when you turned 25 or what your marital status is, but im 26 and single, when i was turning 25 i asked my insurance guy how much my rates would go down expecting it to be alot and he told me that if your 25 and married they go down alot more than 25 and single, i think i only saved like 5 percent or some small amount, if your 30 and single they go down more like some where around 20 percent.. im not sure how those rates are from company to company or state to state but thats what my insurance guy explained to me..

·
Registered
5,115 Posts
nismo driver said:
not sure when you turned 25 or what your marital status is, but im 26 and single, when i was turning 25 i asked my insurance guy how much my rates would go down expecting it to be alot and he told me that if your 25 and married they go down alot more than 25 and single, i think i only saved like 5 percent or some small amount, if your 30 and single they go down more like some where around 20 percent.. im not sure how those rates are from company to company or state to state but thats what my insurance guy explained to me..
[snapback]842842[/snapback]​
i was single when i hit 25 and my rates went waaay down, don't remember exact numbers, might have been because i was military. but anywho, whats worse is woman get lower rates then men, how ironic is that?? show me a woman behind the wheel and i'll show you an accident waiting to happen :puts on flame proof suit and dives behind a steel wall:

·
10,963 Posts
Liquid said:
i was single when i hit 25 and my rates went waaay down, don't remember exact numbers, might have been because i was military. but anywho, whats worse is woman get lower rates then men, how ironic is that?? show me a woman behind the wheel and i'll show you an accident waiting to happen :puts on flame proof suit and dives behind a steel wall:
[snapback]842872[/snapback]​
thats col i do think military helps lower your rates and can get you out of tickets with cops on of the perks..

i actually saw a report on ccn the other day that showed first time female drivers are worse than male drivers yet for years insurance companies have been charging guys more, maybe that will change..

·
Truffle shuffle!!!!!!!
18,887 Posts
Malice said:
f*ck that, i got quoted for my bike, $8900 FOR FUCKIN 6 months of driving... not even full coverage.. f*ck THEM... no more insurance for me!!!!
[snapback]842778[/snapback]​
dam thats the worst i ever heard

·
10,963 Posts
Malice said:
[snapback]842778[/snapback]​
you do realize that one reason insurance is soo high is because of people that dont have insurance costing the insurance company money, do you think the Ins. company picks up the bill for that? hell no there not doing it to loose money everyone else pays for the scumbags that dont have insurance..

·
Skankzilla
18,324 Posts
The whole insurance will drop when you're 25 is bs, it'll drop when you're 25 and married. Do you have full coverage, have you looked at any other insurance company, and a suspended license may raise your rates?

I'm 22, single had 1 speeding ticket when I was 16 or 17, then one at 19 and for just liability I had to pay about $300 for 6 months. Good student discounts, multiple cars, and other things. For my bike I pay about $400 for the entire year, but can only ride a few months out so it kinda sucks.

And yes Nismo driver is right about people without insurance. On my bike I have uninsured motorist coverage just because I don't want to risk getting hit by someone without insurance, heard too many horror stories that 'this lady crashed into me, turns out she has no license or insurance so I get f'd pretty much'. It's stupid I have to pay for insurance for myself, and pay for the possibility of someone else not having it. So don't be one of those people who raise the rates for everyone else. Also you have people out there trying insurance fraud, that won't help you're rate, plus the area you live in and so on.

Remember some good things about insurance, without it, if someone stole your car, you're f'd. If someone hits you, you'd be f'd cause they probably don't have the money to get you a new car. How about a flood happens and totals your car, you'd be f'd. And these companies also employ some people to work on their computer systems, such as me. Love it or hate it, insurance is needed.

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
carful bro the are such things as fire investigators...

and if the cause of fire looks suspicious it will be investigated more. so uh good luck man, investigators are pretty hard to beat.

good luck, -youll need it.

·
Registered
5,115 Posts
b_ack51 said:
The whole insurance will drop when you're 25 is bs, it'll drop when you're 25 and married. Do you have full coverage, have you looked at any other insurance company, and a suspended license may raise your rates?

I'm 22, single had 1 speeding ticket when I was 16 or 17, then one at 19 and for just liability I had to pay about $300 for 6 months. Good student discounts, multiple cars, and other things. For my bike I pay about $400 for the entire year, but can only ride a few months out so it kinda sucks.

And yes Nismo driver is right about people without insurance. On my bike I have uninsured motorist coverage just because I don't want to risk getting hit by someone without insurance, heard too many horror stories that 'this lady crashed into me, turns out she has no license or insurance so I get f'd pretty much'. It's stupid I have to pay for insurance for myself, and pay for the possibility of someone else not having it. So don't be one of those people who raise the rates for everyone else. Also you have people out there trying insurance fraud, that won't help you're rate, plus the area you live in and so on.

Remember some good things about insurance, without it, if someone stole your car, you're f'd. If someone hits you, you'd be f'd cause they probably don't have the money to get you a new car. How about a flood happens and totals your car, you'd be f'd. And these companies also employ some people to work on their computer systems, such as me. Love it or hate it, insurance is needed.
[snapback]843938[/snapback]​
???$400 for the year??, you got it made i pay $3600 for 3 vehicles, but i'm also in new york, any states out there still legal to not have insurance?

·
Skankzilla
18,324 Posts
Progessive, pretty much only liability, theft, uninsured motorist coverage is what I have. The company I work for is expensive insurance and just doesn't fit my budget. You also gotta remember a bike can only be ridden like 5 months during the year so I'm getting screwed the other 7 months. My driving record will be clean in about a month or so, so hopefully my rates stay low or drop.

Ohio it's a law to have insurance. Insurance also depends on the 'neighborhood' you live in. In Cincinnati my rates are low, but on campus would be a different story.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts