Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Me except the eye color
6,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to know how to care for and treat infection of any kind it is happens. What meds are safe and what is not. Maybe a good fish/rep of the week?

·
Hello Everybody!
2,049 Posts
Fly river turtles are fully aquatic turtles and are known for being the only freshwater turtle with "flippers". Price on them are pretty steep. Currently, I think they run about $250-300 for a small 3" specimen. They are very easy to keep and will do well if provided with clean water and a variety of foods (lettuce, cucumber, reptomin turtle sticks, and even pellet fish food). The major problem with them is that they are very prone to shell fungus. I had a constant problem with this, even with good water parameters. This is probably due to the condition they come in. I have tried scrubbing them with a soft toothbrush and applying betadine to the wounds, only to find the problem continue. The solution... put a chinese algae eater in there. No more problems but make sure you only put one or else they will do damage to the shell. Here's a pic of my 3 little pigs:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts