Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a huge fillet of Halibut today for quite a price. Spent ages cutting it up into bitesize pieces and then boxed it up and put it in the freezer. I then noticed the packet said it had been previously frozen and so not suitable for freezing. Do you reckon it matters??

Would really annoy me binning it after its cost and time cutting it.

· Registered
639 Posts
Alot of markets and grocery stores receive their fish frozen from my understanding... I've asked the grocery store, where I buy my fish fellets, about freezing. They stated that the fellets come frozen, thawed for sales, but safe to refreeze. I've always cut my fish into bite size pieces and refroze it, and never once have had a problem.

I would imagine this is a fairly common thing, and would be more than safe for your fish's consumption.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers guys.

I thought they were always packed in ice during transport, but that was to just chill them not freeze. I guess it can't do any harm.

· Registered
639 Posts
Mellor44 said:
Cheers guys.

I thought they were always packed in ice during transport, but that was to just chill them not freeze. I guess it can't do any harm.
[snapback]870392[/snapback]​
Yeah, that was my understanding until I asked... I'm sure there's plenty that ice their fish too, and that would actually be my preference, but unfortunately it's not an option for me.

BTW - I asked about their shrimp too, and it's the same as their fish (frozen prior to it's sale).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.