Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i bought a rena XP1 and have had it for some months now (3) i pull it apart to clean every
other week (mechanical filtration only) it constantly had stagnante water in it and i got rid
of it, i replaced it with a AC70

this solved my film on my glass and my p's seem to be better as far as color, stress and
agression!!!! i can not believe a rena failed me. i have had an xp3 before and loved it.....
sad day to lose faith in a good product!!!!

just ranting here about a crappy canister.......those that know me, i am very particular
about my water perameters and filters.

Dennis

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
cool...I have a xp4 on my 125 and 1 aquaclear 110, I planning to buy another one

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
What do you mean by stagnant water? Was it not pumping correctly or something?
Maybe there was something not installed correctly in the filter or something out of line.

·
Registered
8,568 Posts
Sorry, to hear about your troubles with what seems as a excellant canister filter.

Yeah, how was the water in the XP1 stagnant? Was the impellar loaded correctly, was it primed properly?

·
Registered
2,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
naw........all was installed correctly (i had an xp3 before) the xp1 was simple to install
stagnate water, it was brown goopy stuff like what you see at the bottom of a river in
the summer time........it was nasty

·
Registered
8,568 Posts
That sucks. Glad to hear that your new filter AC70 is handling the task nicely now.

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
my G/Fs dad has an XP1 on his tank and it seems to work ok......i wonder if any one else has had the same prob with the xp1

·
5,336 Posts
yeah... shoulda dropped the bomb and got the XP3 instead.... i run one on each of my 55gals and love them....

·
Registered
4,114 Posts
sh*t send it all my way I will make it work.
dude trust me, ive done it all to this little sh*t knocker of a filter.
im like you, i make things work, but this one was bad
[/quote]

If it pumps water still, Ill take it and just use it as a pump for one of my dart frog tanks!

That is one thing that XP1 is good for, easily controlled pump for water fall/stream/drip wall in a vivarium.

Never used one on a fish tank, though I do have half a dozen XP3s and no complaints and two XP2s and no complaints there either.

·
"Pygocentrus cariba"
11,882 Posts
I'm sorry to hear about that Dennis.

I've always had good luck with my xp3 and I'm really happy with it. I think it does a great job.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts