Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i bought a rena XP1 and have had it for some months now (3) i pull it apart to clean every
other week (mechanical filtration only) it constantly had stagnante water in it and i got rid
of it, i replaced it with a AC70

this solved my film on my glass and my p's seem to be better as far as color, stress and
agression!!!! i can not believe a rena failed me. i have had an xp3 before and loved it.....
sad day to lose faith in a good product!!!!

just ranting here about a crappy canister.......those that know me, i am very particular
about my water perameters and filters.

Dennis

·
Registered
8,568 Posts
Sorry, to hear about your troubles with what seems as a excellant canister filter.

Yeah, how was the water in the XP1 stagnant? Was the impellar loaded correctly, was it primed properly?

·
Registered
2,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
naw........all was installed correctly (i had an xp3 before) the xp1 was simple to install
stagnate water, it was brown goopy stuff like what you see at the bottom of a river in
the summer time........it was nasty

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
my G/Fs dad has an XP1 on his tank and it seems to work ok......i wonder if any one else has had the same prob with the xp1

·
Registered
4,114 Posts
sh*t send it all my way I will make it work.
dude trust me, ive done it all to this little sh*t knocker of a filter.
im like you, i make things work, but this one was bad
[/quote]

If it pumps water still, Ill take it and just use it as a pump for one of my dart frog tanks!

That is one thing that XP1 is good for, easily controlled pump for water fall/stream/drip wall in a vivarium.

Never used one on a fish tank, though I do have half a dozen XP3s and no complaints and two XP2s and no complaints there either.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.