Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
i just got a free 30 gallon tank! it was filthy and sitting in a garage and the guy told me i could have it, that or a 40 he had, but the 40 had some repair done to it and it was very messy, silicon everywhere. so i took the 30. now all i have to do is get....pretty much the whole setup...
...and decide what im going to put in it... any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
water and fish sounds like a good combo to me hahaha
get a purple diamond spilo they are awesome!!!!!!!!!!
or an irritan they are KILLERS
peace

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ya i always did like the look of irritans, and spilos for that matter. ill have to do some research and see what will live in there best and for longest thanks!

·
Registered
5,294 Posts
compton ass steve said:
ya i always did like the look of irritans, and spilos for that matter. ill have to do some research and see what will live in there best and for longest thanks!
[snapback]848622[/snapback]​
the short answer to your research question would be an irritan.

edit: an irritan for life IMHO.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
does any body know much about denticulata? e.i. there temperment and habits and what not? im kind of interested in them most of the smaller species of piranha any info appreciated

·
Registered
5,625 Posts
congrats on the free tank.

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
What do you have now? If you have other fish, you can make this into another species tank, quarentine tank, or even a hospital tank for those "just in case" days.

·
Registered
330 Posts
congrats on the free tank.... i'd say either a spilo, brandtii, or irritan ...any of those shoudl do good in that for quite some time

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Ur askin about denticulatas, I owned one for a few months (RIP). One of the prettiest P's. Very active swims back and forth alot. Not aggressive in my experience but it will shred a feeder up like any P. Mine died of mouth rot, I read somewhere here that dentis are most vulnerable to this desease. They fin nip alot more than reds when young but if its gonna be alone like mine was I guess itll be ok. Hope I helped a bit.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
I dont wanna steal the thread but I'm in the same situation as Compton. 33gal thats empty. Just was hoping if the owners purple spilos could post pics. Purple P's sound cool.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts