Piranhas Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Frank,

Do you have a course or something that I can do so I can be a Piranha scientist? Without doing field research? I am too old for that.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,961 Posts
RedShoal Posted on May 13 2003, 08:45 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Frank,

Do you have a course or something that I can do so I can be a Piranha scientist? Without doing field research? I am too old for that
Do you have a course or something that I can do so I can be a Piranha scientist?
Super Nate has a good web site to learn stuff off of. Maybe you can secure or snag some internet credentials from there?


Won't find me outside of a boat either or land for that matter.


Try AT, I think they are hiring there. OR send Mike some money for the title worked for me LOL
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You should have a list of recommended reading and a online test to make people "P-Fury" Piranha Scientist. You can even have cert. that you can print out.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,961 Posts
RedShoal Posted on May 13 2003, 08:53 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You should have a list of recommended reading and a online test to make people "P-Fury" Piranha Scientist. You can even have cert. that you can print out.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Seriously. The test can be timed too so people can't cheat and the questions can be changed by a randomizer.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,961 Posts
Already been tried in Piranha Science. Majority didn't want to do necessary search for answers even though most of it was at OPEFE.

Nice thought though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,961 Posts
Xenon Posted on May 13 2003, 09:10 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey I tried. I like the recommended reading list...there is a lot of garbage out there!
Try the references listed here at the bottom:

References

Tell me you will devote time to reading all these references as I did. And that is just one species!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,961 Posts
RedShoal Posted on May 13 2003, 09:20 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sure, I will.

Can you forward me the emails?
What emails?
Go to your library or local museum and secure copies or have them ordered for you.

A few you can find via PDF on the internet by title.
 

·
Bean Power!
Joined
·
8,911 Posts
hastatus said:
Already been tried in Piranha Science. Majority didn't want to do necessary search for answers even though most of it was at OPEFE.

Nice thought though.
That's because there was nothing but a "pat on the back" as a reward. We want money or free fish.
It's a greedy society we live in.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
hastatus said:
RedShoal Posted on May 13 2003, 09:20 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sure, I will.

Can you forward me the emails?
What emails?
Go to your library or local museum and secure copies or have them ordered for you.

A few you can find via PDF on the internet by title.
FINK, William L.- (2000) Electronic mail.

Miriam Zelditch - (2000) Electronic mail, Discussion of colors southern populations of Pygocentrus nattereri.

Bolin, Jason - (2001) Electronic mail, Discussion of Existence of Albino Piranhas

Fink, W. L., 1998 Electronic Mail.

Machado-Allison, Antonio., 2001 Electronic Mail.

Jégu, Michel 1998 Electronic Mail.

Petry, Paulo 1998, 2000, 2001 Electronic Mail.

and etc.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,961 Posts
RedShoal Posted on May 13 2003, 09:28 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
QUOTE (hastatus @ May 13 2003, 04:27 PM)
:laugh: Those are personal communications about a topic

Hey hey hey!!! If they are private personal corr. then you cannot use them as sources and references.
sure I can, read the material on the page written as reported by them.
 

·
The ASSMAN
Joined
·
20,469 Posts
Serrapygo said:
hastatus said:
Already been tried in Piranha Science. Majority didn't want to do necessary search for answers even though most of it was at OPEFE.

Nice thought though.
That's because there was nothing but a "pat on the back" as a reward. We want money or free fish.
It's a greedy society we live in.
Exactly, not all of us can be retired like the 2 main people in this topic.....

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,961 Posts
grosse gurke Posted on May 13 2003, 09:33 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
QUOTE (Serrapygo @ May 13 2003, 04:24 PM)
QUOTE (hastatus @ May 13 2003, 09:08 PM)
Already been tried in Piranha Science. Majority didn't want to do necessary search for answers even though most of it was at OPEFE.

Nice thought though.

That's because there was nothing but a "pat on the back" as a reward. We want money or free fish. It's a greedy society we live in.

Exactly, not all of us can be retired like the 2 main people in this topic.....
Yah? even retired people use......gimme, gimme, gimme.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
hastatus said:
RedShoal Posted on May 13 2003, 09:28 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
QUOTE (hastatus @ May 13 2003, 04:27 PM)
:laugh: Those are personal communications about a topic

Hey hey hey!!! If they are private personal corr. then you cannot use them as sources and references.
sure I can, read the material on the page written as reported by them.
Yeah, but that is considered a interp. If I cannot reference them to check on your studies, then they cannot be use as reference.


Its like going to a job interview and having people listed as reference and then telling your interviewer that they cannot call them because it is private. I don't know anymore.
I am not hip to the times. Stuck in the 90's.
 
1 - 20 of 123 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top