Piranhas Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I managed to take some pics. Unfortunately, the flash was too bright in most. I took a picture of one of those "new" species of pygo that aquascape was selling that appeared to have palatine teeth. I added this picture because the teeth in the ternetzi are the same size and in the same place, so you could see where they were based on the pic of this other fish. I also took pics of all my pygos teeth for comparison. I don't know if any of this will allow you to give me an answer, but I had to try.

Here are the pics.

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
Great tutorials!!! Helps much and also captures interests better.

IMO: Those Tern teethes look jagged!!! *Ouch*

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The places you put those dots on that pic is the same place those teeth are present on my ternetzi AND at least one of my red bellies. What does this mean? I tried taking pics of the tern and red, but like I said, too much flash.

·
Got Rice?!?
2,648 Posts
that is a good pic. Perhaps it could be saved somewhere for future reference. I thought that it looked spilo-ish.

~Dj

·
TOP DOG
4,187 Posts
baitman said:
The places you put those dots on that pic is the same place those teeth are present on my ternetzi AND at least one of my red bellies. What does this mean? I tried taking pics of the tern and red, but like I said, too much flash.
i thought your ternetzi was really a spilo.
wes

·
Registered
14,961 Posts
Illustrating what you will find and not find on certain species in genera; Pygocentrus, Serrasalmus, Pristobrycon, and Pygopristis. Species w/o ectopterygoid teeth are generally found in Pygocentrus, Pristobrycon and Pygopristis. Serrasalmus species generally have ectopterygoid teeth that number 2-7 sometimes as many as 10:

·
Registered
22,692 Posts
I hope you don't mind Baitman, but I edited your pictures a little (well, just made them a little bit clearer). I was quite fascinated by those teeth pics, and Photoshopped them for personal use (clearer view). Then I though it would be a good idea to share them with our fellow PFury'ers, since they are very nice pictures indeed....

Cariba

Nattereri

Gold Spilopleura

Again: I hope you don't mind. If so, let pm me, and I'll remove the pics asap :smile:

·
5 TIME CHAMPS
19,142 Posts
wow ...nice..thanks frank for that diagram...sweet

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
judazzz --> I don't mind you using those pics at all. I posted them online for that very reason. Also, you may want to change the one labeled yellow natt to gold spilo as I'm almost certain that's what he is now. He can't mix with any other fish and has typical spilo markings, not to mention the palatine teeth.

·
Registered
22,692 Posts
baitman said:
Also, you may want to change the one labeled yellow natt to gold spilo as I'm almost certain that's what he is now. He can't mix with any other fish and has typical spilo markings, not to mention the palatine teeth.
Consider it done!

·
Registered
185 Posts
whoa!!!!!!!!

i got 11 reds and one gold spilo and i am in awe of those pics... i cant believe my P's have teeth like that!!!

almost unbelievable

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.