Piranhas Forum banner

Found wallet

749 views 70 replies 42 participants last post by  Novato 
#1 ·
Well I was at a local convience store today and when I walked outside low and behold there was a wallet on the ground. It was 3AM and no one else was in sight so I figureed finders keepers. Upon opening the wallet I found $90 and soome that peaked me interest. It was check made out to the person. It was completely filled out sig, name, date, and all and at the bottem where it says For: MAY ALLOWANCE was scribbled in.....

#7 ·
If you attempt to cash the checks and get caught, you could end up in prison. Imagine how much a couple of hundred dollars could f*ck your life up forever. Jobs, credit checks, etc.

To me it's just not worth it. Why have a permanent record for something so stupid?

Just give it back. It wasn't yours to begin with, right?

BTW-It could be one of those "dateline" hidden camera newscasts. Maybe they have you on videotape picking up the wallet....trying to see if you'll give it back. Ever think of that?

#9 ·
Defintly wasn't a dateline hidden camera thingy.
They would have stopped me before I could get away with the money. Good point on cashing the checks. The fraud charge and some jail time or atleast one hell of a fine is not very inticing. I am stuck on the fence between being honest and returning the wallet to the place I found it or keeping it. Horrible decisions...I guess it really just comes down to being good:bad, Right:Wrong

#11 ·
Good idea. Cashier probably makes 6.00 an hour and an extra 100 would be nice for her. Not to mention she could probably cash the checks too. It's a PNC Bank and they are all over so it should be easy to find one.

#18 ·
Give it back, like everyone said.

I would keep the 90$ though and just say " I found it outside the convenience store on the ground, there wasn't any cash inside when i found it"

whats he going to do?
he doesn't know your lying

#22 ·
Id personnaly take it to him if he were in the area or Box it up and ship it to him or mail it , one way or another Id get it to him . ...

Sucks losing your wallet ..

#23 ·
Atlanta Braves Baby! said:
You said the ID was in the wallet, so I would consder returning it to his house. Hey he might give you some cash for being honest.

What would you want someone to do if they were in your position?
[snapback]956331[/snapback]​
No he said there wasnt any license in the wallet :rasp:

#25 ·
I'd say give it back, who knows, maybe this kid was saving up that money to set up a new piranha tank
. I always say, what goes around comes around so if you can do a good deed then why coose not to? are you starving? do you need that money so bad?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.