Piranhas Forum banner
61 - 71 of 71 Posts
HighOctane said:
Well I knew the check wouldn't be able to be cashed. I would need his ID which wasn't in his wallet. Also around here there are cameras at every bank inside and pointing right at you at the drive thru. They can match the faces and sig and know it wasn't him. Then as I drove away the camera would get my plates and I'd be ******
[snapback]957364[/snapback]​
Exactly dude, thank god you realized that. I was reading that and I'm thinking "no way can he honestly be thinking about it..."

But really, just return the whole thing. Peace of mind is worth more than a hundred bucks

HighOctane said:
Thing is....now I am going to be out $6.75 for shipping.

[snapback]957346[/snapback]​
You said there was $90.00 in cash......just use $6.75 to pay for shipping, toss the receipt in his wallet, close the box and ship the thing.

It is not like you should have to pay to return it.

Grosse Gurke said:
HighOctane said:

You said there was $90.00 in cash......just use $6.75 to pay for shipping, toss the receipt in his wallet, close the box and ship the thing.

[snapback]957416[/snapback]​
Good idea

You did the right thing. You knew to whom the wallet belonged. Keeping any of it would be theft. The karma will come back to you maybe not from him, but it will.

Had you kept it, you would have known deep down somewhere that you did a bad thing, and that would eat at you ever so slightly. (Karma) Had you used the $90 to buy a Piranha or something, everytime you looked at thing, you'd known it was ill gotten goods. (Karma)

dwarfcat said:
Grosse Gurke said:
HighOctane said:

Good idea
[snapback]957516[/snapback]​
Sounds fair to me

HighOctane said:
I have decided that I am going to take MR HARLEY's advice and pack the wallet up and UPS it to his house. There was a piece of note paper inside that had his college SAT scores and it had his name and password to check the scores online. I went to the website and typed his info in and it gave me his full address and name. Also gave me his scores too (1010). Not bad but not the brightest. The address is about a 2 hour drive so that is why I am going to ship it. I was pondering if to take $20 as a finders fee but packed the wallet before the urge could surface. I hope all you people are right about this KARMA sh*t. I am gonna be pissed if I doesn't come back around!!!!
[snapback]957273[/snapback]​
Good man!

I would be interested to see if he contacts you back! Let us know if he does!

Good job. You will get this back around.

Fido said:
dwarfcat said:
Grosse Gurke said:
HighOctane said:

Good idea
[snapback]957516[/snapback]​
Sounds fair to me

[snapback]957992[/snapback]​
I was thinking the same thing, its the guys fault he lost it there, he should be thanking god that some one was nice enough to return it with every thing included.

61 - 71 of 71 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.