Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
RHoM L0V3R
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I was at a local convience store today and when I walked outside low and behold there was a wallet on the ground. It was 3AM and no one else was in sight so I figureed finders keepers. Upon opening the wallet I found $90 and soome that peaked me interest. It was check made out to the person. It was completely filled out sig, name, date, and all and at the bottem where it says For: MAY ALLOWANCE was scribbled in.....

·
RHoM L0V3R
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What would you do? BTW...the check turned out to be 2 checks. Both for 150.00 each

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Return it----Not many honest people are left in the world today. Maybe one day you'll drop your wallet and want it back, right???

Maybe, just maybe he'll be so happy to get his license and credit cards back that he'll give you the cash inside for a reward.

·
RHoM L0V3R
1,236 Posts
Very good point about the honesty. Remember this is almost $400.00, 90 in cash and 300 in checks for this poor kids allowance. Also as a side note, no credit cards or license was found. Just an ATM card, the money, checks, and a few old torn business cards.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
If you attempt to cash the checks and get caught, you could end up in prison. Imagine how much a couple of hundred dollars could f*ck your life up forever. Jobs, credit checks, etc.

To me it's just not worth it. Why have a permanent record for something so stupid?

Just give it back. It wasn't yours to begin with, right?

BTW-It could be one of those "dateline" hidden camera newscasts. Maybe they have you on videotape picking up the wallet....trying to see if you'll give it back. Ever think of that?

·
Registered
375 Posts
Don't be schmuck. Just find the bank the ATM card is for and drop it off. They'll find the owner. Or give it to the local police.

·
RHoM L0V3R
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Defintly wasn't a dateline hidden camera thingy.
They would have stopped me before I could get away with the money. Good point on cashing the checks. The fraud charge and some jail time or atleast one hell of a fine is not very inticing. I am stuck on the fence between being honest and returning the wallet to the place I found it or keeping it. Horrible decisions...I guess it really just comes down to being good:bad, Right:Wrong

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Whatever you do, don't return to wallet to the place where you found it. Some goddam cashier will make short work of your honesty. As said above, find the bank that the ATM card belongs to.

·
RHoM L0V3R
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Good idea. Cashier probably makes 6.00 an hour and an extra 100 would be nice for her. Not to mention she could probably cash the checks too. It's a PNC Bank and they are all over so it should be easy to find one.

·
~ATLANTA BRAVES~
18,086 Posts
You said the ID was in the wallet, so I would consder returning it to his house. Hey he might give you some cash for being honest.

What would you want someone to do if they were in your position?

·
Registered
505 Posts
Give the kid his wallet back, and don't expect anything in return. You'd want some one to the same for you. Remember what comes around goes around.

If your lucky and the kid has any manners, he'll give you some of the cash as a reward. Just do the right thing.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Wish I'd gotten an allowance like that. I had to start working when I was 14 to get whatever I wanted. I would give it back, besides the check thing could turn into legal matters.

·
Breaki'n all day...
4,507 Posts
Give it back, like everyone said.

I would keep the 90$ though and just say " I found it outside the convenience store on the ground, there wasn't any cash inside when i found it"

whats he going to do?
he doesn't know your lying

·
KANE WINS
8,383 Posts
Take the cash... and return the wallet... MOST peeps dont even care about the cash... its all the other stuff that is a bitch to get.

Last time i returned a wallet, the owner gave me all the cash in it (~$120)... and thanked me.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts