Piranhas Forum banner
21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
There are many hillstream loach species

in the family Balitoridae (the family of river/hillstream loaches including the now dissolved family Homalopteridea) there are approximatly 470 species.

as for white cloud minows I simply disagree with 60-75 F - I know they can live quite well in coldwater tanks, and also in tropical ones as I have done it in both (the tropical tanks were higher than 75 F)

but yes both white cloud minows and some hillstream loaches do very well in coldwater

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
rday said:
do a pre-teleost evolution series. start with polypterus then paddlefish and sturgeons then gars then amia calva. or do a vertebrate evolution series starting with lampreys and hagfish and move up from there. make everyone smarter! or do these fish that are often found in the aquarium hobby and shouldn't be for various reasons:
Thats a great Idea, on both points,

especially the fish that should not be kept, but are so
frequently seen.

Did not read this or would have said so earlier.

·
Too tasty to give up.
7,043 Posts
damn you and your CuttleFish bd! Lol just joking

do it on the Wolf Fish....they dont seem aggro.....I saw a 3 inch juvi at the LFS with firemouths and plecos and stuff and the things was a little bitch just lazying away

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
wow are you kidding, ? that sunfish is awesome...!! thats a native species? Ill start a damn cold water tank and start breeding those suckers for ponds. I have heard that sunfish behave like cichlids.

·
WWTCD?
9,817 Posts
Pygmy gourami.
Glowlight tetra.
Otos.
Corys (highlighting all types, or at least a great variety)
Scissortail Rasbora.
Silver Hatchet Fish.
Yoyo Loach.
Croaking Gourami.
Sailfin Molly.
Bala Shark.
The 'TRUE' Gourami (ie: the big guy).
Marine Betta. (SW Fish.)

That's all from me.

·
Too tasty to give up.
7,043 Posts
you know you can just write a profile...

·
WWTCD?
9,817 Posts
crazyklown89 said:
It said "FOTW Suggestions" so I made suggestions. What's wrong with that?

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Mettle said:
crazyklown89 said:
It said "FOTW Suggestions" so I made suggestions. What's wrong with that?
nothing is wrong with that, thanks for the suggestions

·
Too tasty to give up.
7,043 Posts
No I know....but there's a whole lot of suggestions waiting and you can contribute yourself by posting up a profile of a fish you wanted.....it's easier but if you don't want to that cool too

·
WWTCD?
9,817 Posts
I don't know if I'm qualified enough to be writing profiles... But I will take a look at the others and see what I can come up with.

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Mettle said:
I don't know if I'm qualified enough to be writing profiles... But I will take a look at the others and see what I can come up with.
if you want, I will look over it to double check it

21 - 40 of 51 Posts