Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well the package came today around 11 am and i was excited and worried at the same time so i open it up and there layed a bag with floating p's and ice cold water.
i was about to get depressed when my wife told me there's one twitching and i was like oh sh*t! so then i started the accilimation process and when time was up i dumped the bag and 6 went straight to the bottom and 4 came to life! i couldn't believe it but the thing is there in horrible condition they look like they have been to hell and back and i'm not sure if there gonna make it and there acting really stressed out not moving around alot just mostly staying in the same place. and one of the dead fish that fell to the bottom started moving his mouth so i netted him up and put him on top of the bubble curtain so he can some oxegen and he starting to move more it's a long shot but he might make it. also there not eating sh*t. i put some blood worms and they act as if they don't exist. and i've even put some tiny zebra dainos in and they don't even chase them or nothing?

Attachments

·
Registered
19,246 Posts
Awesome news man-Congrats-Just goes to show how tough these fish really are-It will take then some time before they are interested in eating n ething-Give them time-Once again congrats on your new p's-

·
Registered
737 Posts
Well Merry Friggin Christmas. You would think with the "Live Tropical Fish" on the box someone would have cared a little more about them. They're pretty skinny & freaked out. Reduce the light or leave it off to make them comfortable until they are eating well.

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
wow thats good news man! just let them be for the night, keep the tank lights off. i would even stay away from the tank. they need to calm down. by morning they should be ok.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Man I hope they make it... they should as long as they are in the tank now. Just give them some time and some TLC and they should be on their way. Piranhas really are tough.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
should i leave the zebra danios in there? also there fins are torn up will they grown new ones? another thing i noticed that my filter was sucking them in and some of them are too weak that they got stuck to it should i turn it off for the night?

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
hey man nice to see you got your fish
like the other guys said the ones that dont look to lively will just take some time to settle in. Good luck man

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
marry Xmas

congrats man g/l with them

·
Registered
775 Posts
I guess my prayer to the fish gods worked?

Thank you all mighty fish god baby jesus.

·
Registered
4,112 Posts
thats great man, hope you like them.....typically when fish are shipped long distances they're given sedatives to relax them....plus all the stress from the journey too would cause them to look somewhat lifeless at the bottom.give them a few days before they'd start eating to get used to the whole environment and everything.....hope you love them like i love mine

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
are the little guys ok.....eating??

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
no there still all freaked out. i added the some auariam salt since i heard that's suppose to help them with there stress? i still can't believe they made it alive. they got shipped on monday and i got them on thursday.

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
what about stress coat???

ask around that may help

1 - 20 of 22 Posts