Piranhas Forum banner

For those of you that think Cohabitation

7K views 125 replies 38 participants last post by  hastatus 
#1 ·
Here are the after effects of so-called "shoaling" p's. Let it be a warning!

#13 ·
frank,
unless you include in your sig or something that you're the czar of all things piranha related and have decades of experience, you're gonna get questions and comments like that from people who don't know you yet from time to time. it's just a consequence of rolling membership and people with different levels of exposure and experience trying to participate.

#14 ·
hastatus said:
marco Posted Today, 12:22 AM
was there a third one in there to help spread the agression frank? if there was, do you think this could have been avoided?
No, I'm just a dumb ass that don't know squat. Please advice me on how I could have overlooked all of this wisdom in 40 plus years!
[snapback]925778[/snapback]​
i posted that so that other people would know that if there was a 3rd fish. all of this could have been possibly avoided.

i know your not a dumb ass

#16 ·
I strongly believe that most Serrasalmus based "cohabitation experiments" are doomed from the start.
A missed feeding, rise in tank temp or some other variable will result in a loss of life for one of our toothy friends.Most often this will carry on untill there is only one left with stubs for fins and the body showing scars.
It might work for a day, week or month but there WILL be losses.

#17 ·
marco said:
hastatus said:
marco Posted Today, 12:22 AM
was there a third one in there to help spread the agression frank? if there was, do you think this could have been avoided?
No, I'm just a dumb ass that don't know squat. Please advice me on how I could have overlooked all of this wisdom in 40 plus years!
[snapback]925778[/snapback]​
i posted that so that other people would know that if there was a 3rd fish. all of this could have been possibly avoided.

i know your not a dumb ass :laugh:
[snapback]925985[/snapback]​
Marco your such a Douche sometimes ...

#19 ·
traumatic said:
does anyone here visit NO LINKS ALLOWED? I know, it's like a red headed step child site to p-fury. Some dude on there has every concievable common serra in one tank.
Others praise him for it.
[snapback]926095[/snapback]​
i honestly dont think that is true cuz i was over theere and there was all kinds of evidence that the fish were not actually living together but rather put together just for the shot. i dont know and i really dont care. he will most likelly lose all his money he has spent on fish if they are living together when they get to hungry or mad????????

#20 ·
What's amazing to me is that some folks think fish can count how many of their own species are in a tank.
The only difference it makes to the fish is whether or not it will eat or be eaten.
dutchfrompredator Posted Today, 06:28 AM
frank,
unless you include in your sig or something that you're the czar of all things piranha related and have decades of experience, you're gonna get questions and comments like that from people who don't know you yet from time to time
. it's just a consequence of rolling membership and people with different levels of exposure and experience trying to participate.
Czar eh? I've been called worse.
Actually, my PFURY name, avitar and real name below it should be enough. I don't include much else in the signature other than links to OPEFE. I think everyone here or at least that have been around for a few years know that these tests don't last long that's why anyone with a half a brain and can read, will tell you those tests ultimately fail. Here is another example of a larger piraya being eaten by another piraya 3 inches smaller! Both were well fed fed daily and no signs of aggression. Just 1 day, something went wrong in that tank known only to the fish.

#24 ·
351winsor Posted Today, 01:13 PM
poor guy.RIP
The sad truth is, no matter how many scientific documents are produced (See S. brandtii in PSCI-REVIEW) on the diet of Serrasalmus or published books, there will always be someone out there ready to say, hey look at my tank, it works here! They will use their prejudiced reasoning to make their point stick in a photo moment of time. As if to say, my fish are different because I MAKE IT WORK! Its sad the fish don't comprehend that. You ask any authority on piranhas and they will quick dismiss someone trying these tests in their home aquarium as misquided or more direct "quackery". That's why they are not taken seriously nor by me.

As I've always said, if you have the bucks to blow, keep going down that path. The beast will quickly disprove you in the end.

#26 · (Edited by Moderator)
Grosse Gurke Posted Today, 04:13 PM
That sucks Frank.....And please.....Keep your comments to yourself when your around my tanks, my fish believe they can live together and I dont need anyone telling them they are wrong
Here read them this bedtime story then.
The information is fake as are the photos below.
You know scientists only make up stuff.
They live real peaceful in nature. Some scientists just used a scissors to clip them tails off for effects.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.