Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to know how big would they get? I saw 2 inches of exodon for sell in my lfs.

How many I can add in my 75 gallon tank with a 7" Oscar and a 3" Convict.

Would Exodons attack the Oscar or the Oscar attack the exodons??

I really dont know how aggressive are the exodons.

Hope some people can give me some info about them.

·
Registered
7,578 Posts
I've 4 exos with my cichlids in my 266g. They chase each other from time to time and don't pick on anything else. You can put 6 exos in your 75g. I wouldn't put too many in there because your Oscar will get huge. Your oscar will try to catch the exos but they're way too fast.

·
Registered
3,848 Posts
rchan11 said:
I've 4 exos with my cichlids in my 266g. They chase each other from time to time and don't pick on anything else. You can put 6 exos in your 75g. I wouldn't put too many in there because your Oscar will get huge. Your oscar will try to catch the exos but they're way too fast.
[snapback]821852[/snapback]​
well yeah since u have the oscar and con'

·
Registered
3,848 Posts
i just got an exo yesterday, i put it in my 85 gallon with my red belly piranhas. wonted to see how long it would last.

·
Registered
7,578 Posts
piranhadude said:
i just got an exo yesterday, i put it in my 85 gallon with my red belly piranhas. wonted to see how long it would last.
[snapback]821877[/snapback]​
With piranhas, it's just matter of time.

·
Registered
3,848 Posts
well i saw some where on this sight before that they grow very slowly.

·
Registered
3,848 Posts
i had some at my work that were 5 in. the guy said he had them for a really long time.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
From the site I have read, they said exodons do better in a school of 12.

If less than 12, they will fight to death.

Anyone expereince the fighting in a small group of exodons??

·
Registered
7,578 Posts
As I have stated, I've 4 and are relatively peaceful. As long as they have enough room to roam, they'll be fine. Observe their behavior at petstore and make your own decision.

·
Registered
11,044 Posts
i have 8. They are cool. I wish they would grow faster though. They love bloodworms. Frezies are cool, but low carnage.

by the way, that 12 thing is bullshit. Oh and they have a short lifespan..

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.