Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put in a cube of bloodworm and a little chunk of it got sucked into my 802 powerhead. Do I have to take it out, open it up, and clean it or can I put it in reverse flow and have the powerhead spit it out? Holler at me because I want to keep my baby p's water as clean as possible!!!

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
next time turn it off or hook it up to a UGF system to avoid this... you can easily take it out and clean it... it only takes two seconds to do just about :
:

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool thanks.

·
OPEFE
10,249 Posts
Just clean it and next time turn off your powerhead while feeding as SC said!

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
Why dont you attatch a prefilter to the bottom end of the powerhead. Another alternative is an intake tube from a canister and attatched to the bottom of the powerhead.

·
Registered
106 Posts
yeah i use the 402 powerhead and just ended up buying the prefilter. i think it was aroun 3-4 dollars at bigalsonline.com

·
Got Rice?!?
2,648 Posts
I have one for my 402. Same one fits the 802. Although, I tood the prefilter out, and just use the plastic gaurd to stop bigger items from getting sucked into it.

~Dj

·
18,487 Posts
If all else fail and you wanna go ghetto. You can always use a screen sold most in pipe shops.

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
some type of screening would work great if not attached to a UGF system... and you can always get a tube and extend it down towards into the gravel

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Problem solved I just picked up a prefilter after work. Thanks folks!!!

·
Beautiful One
8,799 Posts
Yeah turn off or turn down your powerhead till they eat all the food otherwise you are just feeding your filter... mmmm... beefy!lol

·
18,487 Posts
RhomZilla said:
If all else fail and you wanna go ghetto. You can always use a screen sold most in pipe shops.
Another ghetto alternative is using panty hose...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts