Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Truffle shuffle!!!!!!!
18,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am new with piranha and only had them for about 3 weeks and no matter what i do the water is always cloudy.espacially after feeding them.i need helpppppppppp

·
Registered
27,223 Posts
:nod: I was gonna say the same thing...... Do you have a test kit. Usually the cloudiness is the bacteria going through the cycle. Either that or you need a new filter.... so give us some more details in order for us to help you.

What type of filtration are you running?
How long was this tank set up before you started housing the p's?

·
Truffle shuffle!!!!!!!
18,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i dident have any time at all for the tank to set up.my mother came home with them in a bucket and asked if i wanted them.so i set up a 55 gal tank right on the spot. one of them were alredy floating upside down in the bucket.but after the water got to 80 deg. he was fine

·
Truffle shuffle!!!!!!!
18,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
sorry about the double reply but i have 2 aqua flow 500, powerhead 820 ,under gravel filter and a water heater

·
Registered
27,223 Posts
Death in # said:
sorry about the double reply but i have 2 aqua flow 500, powerhead 820 ,under gravel filter and a water heater
Ugh....UGF....anywayz....your tank is cycling. It will clear up in roughly a month and hopefully your p's will be alive....good luck man! :smile:

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Get live plants! lots of em! An lots of minnows! They will help cycle the tank EXTRA fast, another thing I fiond is too go Balls out on your Filtration. On my 130 I have 2 AquaClear 200's, 1 Aquaclear 300, 1 Aquaclear 500 as well as two Powerhead jets. I set up my tank FROM SCRATCH put all that sh*t in, let it run for two-three days and all my levels were A-OK! Mind you there were 200 minnows... That helps. And 75 Bunch plants. You would have to go that big but add, 25 minnows or so, 15-20 LIVE plants and you should be laughing LITERALLY an evil laugh when your piranahs kill..... heheheheheh

GO CANUCKS GO!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts