Piranhas Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

FLowerHorn Pair vs Pack of P's?

1K views 30 replies 16 participants last post by  acestro 
G
#1 ·
So I was skimming through some info on FLowerHorn Cichlids (damn, they are cool) and I found one story where someone had a 240g tank with a pair of old breeding FlowerHorns. Well, they decided that they wanted to get ride of them, but couldnt sell them, so they just added their piranhas anyway, tihnking the FH's would be gone by sunrise. Well, they woke up to find a pack of 16 medium sized RBP's completely destroyed. Now, I find this hard to believe. I always hear you guys say anything with P's means death for the fist that isnt a piranha.

Ive heard stories about Jags doing this to Rhoms, but that's because Jags are furiously predatory when grow up.

Im not trying to stir up sh*t, but damn, are FH's that agressive? A large pack of medium sized RBP's seems like quote an admirable foe.

DB

#27 ·
elTwitcho said:
grnlemonade said:
im not dissing P's, im sjut saying that in my experience with RBPs i was disappointed....i have heard those are the wimps of the P family most of the other Ps are totally different, but im just going with my experience....sorry if i offended you eltwitcho
[snapback]909316[/snapback]​
Nobody offended me dude, if you don't like red bellies or even all piranhas, good for you that's your opinion. I even respect that opinion and can understand why some people feel that way. I just disagree with the statement that "piranhas are overated". Yes oftentimes their aggression is over rated, but then not everyone buys a piranha for it's aggression. A good majority buy piranhas just to see a fish rip the sh*t out of a feeder and they'll live up to whatever expectations you had in that respect. On top of that, there's a ton of other good reasons to own piranhas. If you don't like em, well that's cool because personally I don't like flowerhorns all that much either

[snapback]909377[/snapback]​
you are right man piranha's rule.... but flowerhorns I guess if you are into looks and color then I can understand......

#30 ·
Come on man!!!I dont care if the Flowerhorns are breeding or not.A pack of RBP'S would tear them up in about 5 seconds!!!Just for the simple fact that the RBP'S have teeth,very sharp ones,Flowerhorns dont...nuff said bout that 1,I'll place my 9 inch male Red Devil against any 9 inh Jag(male or female) anytime you want!!Man i have been keeping fish way too long to fall for this stuff....
And if my Devil should fail...I'd replace him in the fight with my 8 inh Buttakoferi (or however you spell it!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.