Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want a chameleon. I've made a lot of research on Internet and was wondering about that : veiled cham. need a water drip system. But if water drops fall in the cage all day long, it must create a mess no ? do you put a small bowl under the drip system so that the water falls in the bowl and each evening you empty the bowl ? and yes i know it's a dumb question but I wanna be sure of what to do before i buy my chameleon.

·
Go Habs Go
2,912 Posts
matc07098702 said:
I want a chameleon. I've made a lot of research on Internet and was wondering about that : veiled cham. need a water drip system. But if water drops fall in the cage all day long, it must create a mess no ? do you put a small bowl under the drip system so that the water falls in the bowl and each evening you empty the bowl ? and yes i know it's a dumb question but I wanna be sure of what to do before i buy my chameleon.
[snapback]951862[/snapback]​
Not sure about about your water drip question.
I'd suggest giving Magazoo a call, they're a pet shop (in Montreal) specialized in reptiles, www.magazoo.com
or call them at 514-593-5538.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Lol yeah i know but now it's clear in my mind : chameleon. They are harder to keep than geckos but my basement would be perfect for a cham since it's very humid during summer. I'm doing research on chameleons know what i'm doing

·
Registered
540 Posts
you place the drip system over the plants, that way it doesnt flood your tank, you can also put a little cup underneth it. I heard that ice cubes work to, just set it on a screen top

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
acb said:
you place the drip system over the plants, that way it doesnt flood your tank, you can also put a little cup underneth it. I heard that ice cubes work to, just set it on a screen top
[snapback]959158[/snapback]​
The problem with the ice cube method is that the water is still ice-cold, ingesting something that cold is A Bad Thing for almost any reptile, let alone one as sensitive as a chameleon.

Yes, you place a cup or basin under the drip to prevent flooding.

-PK

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Get a chemical sprayer at the plant section of a home depot or lowes, spray the tree 2-3 times a day. Or build a funnel and have it catch the drips and funnel it into the trees soil. Also due to their difficulity of careing I woud not rocommend a chameloen unless you have a lot of experienced in keeping lizards or other reptiles. Their environment needs to be perfect.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
It is a good idea to have a drip system as mine will not drink still water.

Wot i have done to stop the floor of the cage getting flooded is bought a small water fall from my local reptile shop and just attached the dripping tube to it.

He doesn't drink from it often so i have to take the tube out and let it drip in front of his face for afew mins then he normally drinks from it. I also spray his leaves afew times a day and he sometimes drinks the drips falling from them.

Took me a while to get him to drink.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts