Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was away for a few months and when i got back my water parameters where all messed up because no one had changed the water like i told them to so i did a 75% water change and i saw one had a pit in his head and anothers gills where messed up i thought where from bites but they didn't seem to be getting better after 1 week so i added salt and rased temp to 82 and have been doing 50% water changes once a week and it doesn't seem to be helping the one with the pit on his head got bigger and deeper and the one with the messed up gills got worse and other one seems to just be getting the same type of thing on his chin. they are rbp's about 6-7" i don't know what to do. here are some pic's.

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
the first pic looks like heater burn. piranhas are stupid fish so they sometimes like to sleep on the heater and that isnt good. but it can be ammonia burn since no one had done anything to your tank for a couple months. what was the ammonia at. well, anyways just do 25% weekly water changes and have a tbs of salt/5 gallons of water and whatever it is, it should clear up.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its no heater burn its a deep pit and they getting deeper and bigger added salt and rased temp 3weeks ago and have been doing water changes as stated. They still getting worse.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts