Piranhas Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
You are young the world now is not the same world you are going to be in when you are an adult. I understand that life can seem cruel right now. But who knows what the future has in store for you?

·
Piranha Expert
4,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
i remember this time last year. we were doing a novel studdy. and it was my turn to read out loud. i will never forget that moment. if i had a gun in my had i would have shot myself

·
Registered
7,634 Posts
i had a friend that stuttered so bad that he couldn't get a word out either, but with practice by the time we were 13 he talked normal. if you work hard at it and don't get all flustered like you are now you will be able to communicate very well with others.

Joe

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
There was a guy who had a really bad stutter since he could first talk. He couldn't say anything hardly without stuttering. He got made fun of all his life. Anyways, for post secondary studies he went to seminary school (to be a preacher). Ironically enough it's a profession that requires a fair amount of speaking, public speaking at that. While he was studying there was this girl that he really like, one of the prettiest girls on campus. He really wanted to ask her out but was afraid she'd say 'no' because of his condition. So every day for weeks he stood in front of the mirror and practiced saying "Mary, will you go on a date with me?" for hours. One day he finally got up the nerve and with a bunch of his classmates watching he walked up to her. Everyone, including her, expected him to end up saying "Mmmmary, wwwwwillll" and so on. But when he spoke to her he sounded just like any one of them. They got married and he became the head pastor of a large church, but he still has the condition and still practices in front of his mirror every day because he found a way to deal with his condition. He didn't get rid of it, but he learned to control it and still live his life to the fullest.

That is a true story too.

·
Registered
259 Posts
baby steps marco, take baby steps to reach your goal

use the force

·
Registered
38 Posts
Yeah man, I had a friend who stuttered really bad, like every word that came out of his mouth. But that didn't stop him, we would make fun of him, being stupid teenagers but he worked at it and now he doesn't stutter at all. It sounds like you're still young, he stuttered until he was like 17. Just don't let kids making fun of you put you down, because they're just kids, just wait school out until college, then it gets alot better, people don't tend to make fun of people because they're different from them. Suicide is definately not the way to go, if you have seriously thought about it I would suggest going to a counselor, not shitty school one, go to one that specializes on suicide. It may be hard at first but you will really be surprised at how much just talking about how you feel to someone can help especially when its a proffesional. Sorry this is so long, it just sounds like you are really distraught about your condition when you shouldn't be.

·
Registered
500 Posts
All I can do is relate this to sports...The Head coach at the University of Indiana also had a terrible stuttering problem growing up..I saw an interveiw with him and he also had suicidal thoughts..Marco that man now gets PAID to do motivational speeches and also coaches a Division 1 basketball powerhouse.Another guy you may have heard of that overcame a stuttering problem is Michal Jordan,come on Marco if these guys can over come this kind a sh*t and be succsesful at speeches,interveiws,and pep talks surly you can overcome this.

·
Registered
829 Posts
bud, try not to sweat it. more then likely if people mock you, they are probably only doing that out of habbit, not to be mean to you. say if a person that doesnt normally stutter, does for what ever reason, people around always make fun, it's a habbit to do that, try not to take it personally!

try to get hobbies you can share with others... obviously you like fish... do you know anyone else around that does as well? if you tried talking to someone about fish, do you stutter then too? like at the fish store or something?

·
Registered
27,223 Posts
I agree with Neoplasia. Get medication first to deal with the mood problems then work on the studder. If you are all down like you are right now, you wont find the motivation to work on it. We have talked about this over messanger man, you gotta work.

I like marco.

Xenon

·
Registered
259 Posts
crazy about piranha

tell them to tuck their head between their legs and kiss their own arse

·
Registered
27,223 Posts
marco said:
everyone thinks im crazy for haveing a 180gal full of piranhas
I really think you should talk to your parents about this problem. Everyone on the board is going to give you advice but the only people that can take actions is your parents. I recommend telling them everything and getting medication. Who gives a sh*t what people think about your p's, i mean if its a hobby you enjoy there is no reason to worry about what other people "think"

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Yeah definately speak with your parents...and bout the bridge thing, just think of it this way...it is a permanant solution to a temporary problem. Just try to think of it that way. Hope you parents give you some help.

Mark

·
Registered
259 Posts
marco don't be so concerned with what other people think. Once you can overcome being so self conscious and caring so much about what other people think, I'm sure the stuttering will no longer be a factor. It's mind over matter bro.

come on man, you can do it. pretend your piranha are people and practice talking in front of them.

21 - 40 of 67 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.