Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, i've got a pair of breeding convict cichlids that i've had for more than a year. they've been fine until recently i noticed that the male has "siezures", yup.. he'll be fine and swimming normally and then all of a sudden, he basically has a siezure.. starts flopping around everywhere and banging himself into glass,gravel,everything..and lays on his side for a while, then afterwards, he'll regain his strength and be fine again until the next siezure,

has anyone seen this happen with fish? cuz i feel bad for the little guy, he's banging himself to death each time. :sad:

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts
the only time I saw a fish having siezures it was my moray eel just about before it died

I have no idea what is wrong, but I would not be too hopefull for the con

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
nope.. very sure its not freightened.. it basically has a siezure just like humans do.. twitching.. banging.. and the female actually tries to protect him from banging himself against the glass. when he gets his siezures, he's upside down, sideways, everyway imaginable.. darn... i think he's gonna croak soon.

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,504 Posts
Innes said:
the only time I saw a fish having siezures it was my moray eel just about before it died

I have no idea what is wrong, but I would not be too hopefull for the con
I had the same with an Arrow a few yrs back. Just started convolsing.. darting to each side of the tank uncontrollably. Next thing you know, floated downwards, head first.

·
5 TIME CHAMPS
19,146 Posts
Innes said:
hopefully that not the case and you have a weird fish...
..and buriel ground..you mean you don't do the royal flush....

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts
don't ever feed any fish expected to be ill to your piranhas - such a bad idea

1 - 13 of 13 Posts