Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every time i go to the store i look at the fish market and i see all kinds of things there.... i want to know if theres anything that would be good to feed my MAC. right now he has a really good diet...shrimp, bay scallop, and tuna steak. but im always looking for something else to try has anyone just bought a fish from the market and tryed it

if so what was it have how did your Ps take to it

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
raw anchovies or from the can.... i dont want anything from a can

im going to have to try some mussels and squid

·
LionHart
13,101 Posts
Tilapia, scallops, catfish, shrimp...
Squid is great, but be SURE to remove the ink sack before you throw it in the tank!
I made that mistake once.....

·
Registered
655 Posts
this may sound weird everyone else that has seen it says it crazy but i actually stuff sinking shimp pellets into chunks of cuccumber i dont know why i decided to try it and they actually like it i will post some pics of them eating some soon as i get home

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
this may sound weird everyone else that has seen it says it crazy but i actually stuff sinking shimp pellets into chunks of cuccumber i dont know why i decided to try it and they actually like it i will post some pics of them eating some soon as i get home
thats a first

ill have to think about that one thanks man

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
definatly try tilapia and catfish. i think mine loves shrimp the most

·
Registered
371 Posts
I've alternated with talapia and shrimp (tail on, shell on - uncooked), but tend to feed the talapia as a staple. Avoid the fatty red meats (including red fish meat - salmon, tuna).

Tried insects? superworms? nightcrawlers? My P's love em. Good protien too.

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
salmon was a big one i wanted to know about....cod also im also going to try catfish but where would i get that.....fishing store??

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
I have on ocation ffed mine peas and berries they seem to like them I don't do it often but I read some where they will eat berries in the wild so i tried it. Lots of people on here think salmon is to fatty what do you guys think?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts