Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I am looking for some ideas on fish that I can "suggest" that my wife get. Unfortunately she does not want any p's for herself
What are some other species of fish worthy of sharing the same room in the house as my RBP? Her tank is only a ten gallon and inhabited by three fish of unknown species (they were given to us). However, in lieu of some good suggestions the current fish may become my p's supper.

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
For a Ten gallon tank, I can only suggest 20 neon tetras, guppies or baby silver dollars.

·
The ASSMAN
20,469 Posts
I know nothing about them as far as size goes, but I know my gf likes puffers and they are a badass fish. They look so innocent and cute but they will tear some stuff up. Like I said, I dont know how big they get but it may be worth looking into.

·
Beautiful One
8,799 Posts
I would go with puffers or neon tetras.

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts
a mixed tetra tank, with some corys and livebearers, and possibly a dwarf gourami.

·
Registered
22,692 Posts
Yeah, get some tetra's, some cories, some hatchetfish, and perhaps one fancy pleco that stays small. This way, you'll have fish that inhabit every waterlayer...

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the ideas. I discovered last night that one of the fish that is already there has to go. I put four feeders in the tank last night to quarantine them before i gave them to my p. This morning they had all been killed by this other fish. The had no fins left and one of them was missing a head. I have no idea what kind of fish this is. I am trying to get a picture to post. However, the wife is reasy to throw it in the p tank.

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
Whats even better than my last post.. Lobsters!!! One blue, one red and a bunch of feeders!!! Just like mines!!!

·
Registered
140 Posts
arowana would be the worst possible idea for a 10 gallon, unless it was 2 inches at the time, and you transferred it to a 100 gal the next week. They get massive. I would get a couple mollies or swordtails. They're active, colourful and have personality.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts