Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I have been wanting to try this for some time and finally took the plunge into saltwater. Its a 55g with live sand and base rock for now.
Ive so far got 3 blue devil damsels and one yellowtail damsel as well as a smaller snowflake eel.
the damsels are a couple inches and the eel is close to 9"
Once the eel outgrows the damsels enough to eat them Ill be adding a lionfish along with more live rock etc. as I go.

sorry so small. Ill get better pictures as the tank progresses

·
Registered
7,634 Posts
looking good so far. my advice would be get an overflow (cpr, or drill tank) and set up a sump with a powerful protein skimmer. browse around classifieds and you will find good deals, that's what i did.

oh and remember, saltwater tanks = patience.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well bare is the key, Im going for fish only but will have minimal live rock just for hiding spots. As for a skimmer I have an aquaremora c I think its called. Im running 2 65w 10k's and 03actinics those pics were with the act's off and only the 10ks on. Im thinking of upgrading but still PC cuz I dont want MH or anything amazing, just enough for my lil polyps/xenia/and soon to be shroom population to grow. Im not drilling the tank and wont be running any sump and im sure someone will tell me its a neccessity but this tank was running well for 8 months that I knew of it before I bought it. also Ive got advice coming from an older lady who has ran her fish business for years and has 55's with nothing more than emperor 400's on them (which i also have on it) for years and recomends that setup for me. Im taking her advice as she's been in this MUCH longer than most anyone else I know so as long as I keep my eye on params Im sure itll be fine. thanks for the comments guys and ill update some pics one of these days as the tank progresses

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.