Piranhas Forum banner

finaly fed a mouse

994 views 23 replies 16 participants last post by  King Snake bob 
#1 ·
pic

#2 ·
woah sh*t. you fed a mouse to a frog? good god, the mouse is bigger than he is!@

#4 ·
Yes, I was unsure if he would be able to eat it, but the pet store was out of crickets and goldfish. I dont like to by mice from that pet store either as it's not the cleanest place, i get my mice from a great place in Des Moines (30 minn away) well I forgot to go back and get him food, so I knew he must have been starving and it was 10pm and I wont have time to get him anything untill sunday, so I dethawed on of the fuzzies I feed to my Bosc monitor. I picked the smallest one. As soon as I put it in there he was all over it! Took about 15 minutes for him to get it all in, but he did it!!! I was suprided, and extremely impressed!

Yay for Detective Sipowicz (thats his name as my fiance loved NYPD Blue lol)

#7 ·
Dr. Green said:
dam that guy is a monster

and it isent to big for them
in the wild horned frogs will eat prey up to twice there size
even though they die sometimes cause they couldent swallow it and it getting stuck in there mouths
[snapback]909326[/snapback]​
Yeah they do die, so why take the chance??

Wait till he is big enough, start small like pinkys

#10 ·
psychofish21 said:
Dr. Green said:
dam that guy is a monster

and it isent to big for them
in the wild horned frogs will eat prey up to twice there size
even though they die sometimes cause they couldent swallow it and it getting stuck in there mouths
[snapback]909326[/snapback]​
Yeah they do die, so why take the chance??

Wait till he is big enough, start small like pinkys
[snapback]909733[/snapback]​
i would never take that chance

#11 ·
Eden said:
the mouse really does look too big...but whats done is done!..he did it! and he will live on!

SWEET!

Eden
[snapback]910335[/snapback]​
Ya, he did it I respect him way more than I did before. It was probibly the max size that he could have eaten, and in hindsight I realize it was probibly a bigger risk than I initialy thought. Now I truely know the maxium size he can eat though.

#20 ·
Here's a series of pics of a Pac-Man frog going after a pinkie mouse.

They came from a book called "Food Chain" that was written by an "artist" named Catherine Chalmers. She took a bunch of photos of close-ups of insects, snakes and the Pac-Man frog eating their prey. I wouldn't consider this art, but maybe it is art to the type of people who read "Fangoria".

http://www.topicmag.com/frog.html

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.