Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally witnessed my piranhas feeding. It was a beautiful sight! Makes ya wanna cry!
I dimmed the lights and threw in a smelt and sat for a few minutes. I saw my 6" caribe come out of hiding and swim around the smelt that was at the bottom of the tank. He took a bite out of it and stayed near it as if guarding it. My two reds came over and he chased them away. He took 2 more bites outta the smelt and then left it alone. I then decided to throw in a piece of chicken heart and beefheart. The reds nibbled those but didn't seem to like 'em. Neither did the caribe. I tossed in a nitecrawler and the caribe loved it. I then tossed in another nitecrawler and one of the reds suddenly rushed out and grabbed it as it sank. He ate it quick. A 3rd was tossed in and the 2 reds fought for it. After the feeding I removed the uneaten food. The end! :smile:

·
Registered
286 Posts
How big are your reds and caribe?? I have 3 reds all around 8 inches in a 55 gallon (really cloudy water at the time) and they seriously rip pond koi up in a matter of seconds after it hits the water!! It is an awesome sit
The koi are around ohh 6-7 inches

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ncith said:
How big are your reds and caribe?? I have 3 reds all around 8 inches in a 55 gallon (really cloudy water at the time) and they seriously rip pond koi up in a matter of seconds after it hits the water!! It is an awesome sit
The koi are around ohh 6-7 inches
My reds are 4.5-5" and my caribe is 6". There's (2) 1"goldfish in the tank that they haven't touched in a week. The goldfish stick together all the time.
safety in numbers I guess.

·
Registered
92 Posts
The goldfish stick together all the time. safety in numbers I guess.
lol, they are after all the smartest fish. that made me laugh so i had to reply.

ncith- you feed them koi? how many, and how often? i try to stay away from goldies. its either guppies or 69cent danios from petsmart. i havent had a chance to go to any bait shop yet.

if your wondering
>7rbps (5 are 4in. 2 are 2in), 2plecos, one 4in long 1-1/4in wide(fat***) electric catfish. and 20+ fancy guppy frys in a breeder thingy.

55g, w/black gravel.

the 2 small (2in) rbps are going home with my cousin.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.