Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i go away for three days and leave my normally over fed pygos and wham! my tern decides to take a try of everyone's fins except the piraya. my poor little caribe (who always looks totally baked and wouldn't hurt a soul) got it the worst. no big deal, no one's injured and i salted and gave them a bunch of fresh catfish to eat and heal up. my once beautiful tails and fins now look like sails on a ghost ship. guess i'll have my folks keep 'em fed next time. bully tern never tries any of that crap when i'm around. sneaky little mother!

·
Nurses Do It Better
10,001 Posts
He can't be a bastard. He came from a good home.
Don't worry those fins will be back in no time. A line from one of my favorite movies of all time. (Monty Python and the Holy Grail). "It's only a flesh wound"

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
jerry, what's up? i am kidding. he's the best tern in the world. what a bruiser he is! the fin nips will be gone in less than a week no problemo. i'm going to have to keep an eye on that one though. he's built like a brick shithouse and has teeth like a crocodile.

·
Registered
5,637 Posts
nice fish pic

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks for the compliments guys. i wish you could see what they look like when they actually still have fins. i'll get some pics when they heal up. i keep them really well fed on shrimp (with shells), talapia, catfish nuggets, and the occasional beefheart. that's why they're fat looking. i like to pump them up so no one looks like a potential victim to anyone else. everyone in there can pretty much hold their own if the rare fight breaks out. i still have to pump up my new caribe though. i think that's why he got the brunt of it. he's new and not too buff yet. he'll be great when i'm done though. he's got a wonderful big round head. jerry_plakyda recommended instant amazon to me and i have to say, life appears to be good in my tank at the moment. it really seems to relax my fish and get them comfy which seems to help their color and shoaling. sparsely decorated, heavily filtered, lotsa water changes, plenty of food, and instant amazon, seem to be nullifying the effects of the relative smallness of the tank for the number of pygos. temp is like 80. i'll drop it a little if they get rowdy. so far so good.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
it's only been two days and you can actually see them healing that fast. piranha f'ing rock! lets hear it for stress coat, salt, food, and a water change. fins gradually returning to normal captain. mortimer- we're back!

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
luckily the piraya is mellow and really tolerant of the smaller fish. that would definitely be a problem if he developed a mean streak. the tern is mean as a snake though. i'm luck he's not the largest or it would be carnage in there. i think the big piraya keeps him under control though.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts