Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
2,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have been wanting to set up a marine tank for a while now, and finally i have decided to get the ball rolling. I gave my fahaka puffer to the lfs to free up a tank and they also told me what im going to need for a fish only setup. i emptied the tank out today but i cant get all the algea off and i dont want to set up the tank to find it gets covered in algea again and everything gets ruined so im throwing it out.
Once i get another saterday job (tesco didnt renew my contract)
im going to buy a new tank, either a 36x18x12 or a 36x15x12 and then save up for the rest of the equipment. this is what i no i'l need so far-
protein skimmer
live rock
marine lighting
ro water and salt

is there anything else i need? can anyone recommend a good stock list? and can i include a boxing shrimp in the tank?

thanks
chris

· Breaki'n all day...
4,256 Posts
why would you throw out a perfectly good tank?

· Registered
2,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
when i said im throwing it out i meant il probably leave it in the garden or something like that incase of an emergency, like when my sister buys deseased pond fish and i have to start quarantining fish all the time. i dont really want to use it at the moment as it has always had a problem with green algea, and it occasionally gets that brown stuff on it aswell, so i dont want to take the risk of it coming back once i have some expensive stuff in thee and ruining everything

· Registered
2,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
on secand thought, would this algea be much of a problem at all in a marine tank if i keep it under control as best as i can? I dont really want to be spending extra money on another tank if i dont have to. and i missed something out on the equipment i no i will need, the powerhead aswell

· Registered
83 Posts
well you live in the uk same as me so are water is good enouth just a little treatment is all it takes so you dont need to by the water keep the old tank nothing wrong with that get standard flo tubes and dont add a boxing shrimp if there isnt going to be any rocks in there it will die from stress from not being able to hide

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.