Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Don't f*ck with the fairy.
4,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
THEY'VE DONE IT! my rams finally have fertile eggs... and guess what boys? it WAS the female that was at fault. I just introduced a german blue ram to my tank this past weekend, and after my gold pair ate their infertile eggs and got into quite a spat, the gold male paired with the blue female.

Just checked today and not ONLY do they have eggs, but they're turning a lovely orangy color which I'm led to believe means they are FERTILE!

Just a few pics....

sorry about the quality of the one thats not blocked by the plants.... they laid them in the back of the tank and its a bitch to get pics. gotta pull the background off and shoot blind.

4,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well, sophe's being a real bitch at sneaking in the nest just when they're not looking. i mean tig and soph really didn't have to worry when they laid the infertile eggs.... because there wasn't a renegade female in there out for some caviar. and this IS zoe's first spawn.

i figured out what i'm gonna do. this spawn is pretty much fucked. i mean, i might get one or two fry that make it.

i'm gonna invest in a 5 or 7 gallon and do some nice planting in it. put a little filter on it, cycle it. THEN Tig and Zoe are gonna move in to that... just the two of them. And that is gonna be their love nest. and once the fry are free swimming, they'll be moving back to the main tank.... and the 5 or 7 will become my fry tank. and i can cull down to like the best 3-5 fry and offer them to pfury members or something

· Registered
13,105 Posts
i'm gonna invest in a 5 or 7 gallon and do some nice planting in it. put a little filter on it, cycle it. THEN Tig and Zoe are gonna move in to that... just the two of them. And that is gonna be their love nest. and once the fry are free swimming, they'll be moving back to the main tank.... and the 5 or 7 will become my fry tank.
Now you're thinking

4,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
not sure if they've got eggs anymore or not. they're still on guard but i can't see anything.

gonna pick up the 7g. tomorrow at the nearest petstore on the carlisle pike cuz i gotta do wedding stuff with my friend amber (cake tastings are AWESOME).

· Me except the eye color
5,109 Posts
if the parents are still guarding there is a good chance its still there. They might have moved the eggs to another location because they feel that the orginal location is not safe.

Notice a lot of cichlids dig multiple holes during pre-spawning.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.