Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Final question before I do it! Will one dime-sized juvinille gold piranha be good by itself in my 20 gallon high for life? Please say this is right, cause I am going to go ahead and do it Wednesday! Also how long will it take for the dime-sized gold to get bigger? Thanks

·
The ASSMAN
20,469 Posts
Sorry, but I would want a 55 gallon for spilo for life. They can get up to 10", they would be very cramped in a 20 for life. It will take a while for them to reach that size, but they can. I think a 20 would be good for a year, maybe 2, but sooner or later you will need a larger tank. If you can, start with a 20 long or 29 gallon, have a much larger foot print.

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
20 gal for 1 juvi gold will not be good for life, but will most def be sufficient for a yr or so, until you either get fed up with its growth rate, or upgrade on a bigger tank.

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
For the growth rate, i just got my gold spilo 2 weeks ago and he has already doubled in size, and his color is showing some too....give him beefheart, krill, pellets, and a good variety and he'll grow quick.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.