Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have 9 baby reds (all about 1" - 1 1/2") in a newly bought 55 gallon tank. my question is at what size fish should i upgrade and to what size tank. Rectangle Entertainment Purple Display case Gadget

Attachments

·
LeT gO mY EgGs GRoLL
8,959 Posts
you can keep it for now in there, but dont be suprise if you got some kill, or eaten... best way is sell some fish...leave about 5-6 fish. you can have them full grown in 180g...or 150g.

alots of people dont care about 20g rule, but i do...but that just me.

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
If you cant afford big tanks and decided to go with overcrowding the rbp, make sure you have good filteration (x2), change water 2-3 a week, and take out any left over food asap. prepare for fin nips and alot of problems.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i bought this setup for $150 (55gallon tank, stand, gravel, rocks, light, 2x aqua clear 300's, stealth heater, 2 air pumps) i may be new to fish keeping but i think thats a good deal. im only 19 but i see a long future of fish keeping. i have a 10 gallon tank under the 55 to put my feeder guppies and make sure they are all healthy and disease free.

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
i bought this setup for $150 (55gallon tank, stand, gravel, rocks, light, 2x aqua clear 300's, stealth heater, 2 air pumps) i may be new to fish keeping but i think thats a good deal. im only 19 but i see a long future of fish keeping. i have a 10 gallon tank under the 55 to put my feeder guppies and make sure they are all healthy and disease free.
You are off to a good start. Make sure their diet is not mainly guppies. 90% of their diet is fish with white meat, krill, shrimp, pellets,catfish, earthworm. Good luck !!

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
sweet setup man....

300gal will do lol

bigger is better

·
Registered
848 Posts
i have 3 rbp in a 50gal tank and they did fine until they hit the 5 in. marker it seemed to be a bit tight. For now you tank it sweet, although they grow fast. I am picking up a 180 gal tank to give them more play room, now i also can add more of those little buggas.

·
Registered
5,625 Posts
great background.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts