Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found some Gold Spilos for $10 each. A good price but they have horrible fin nip. I mean really bad, I know they grow back fast but is it worth it? I mean I had a piranha losea lot of a fina d it neevr really had the same color as the rest of the fin when it grew back. BTW hese guys are only 1" in length. Let me know what u think

·
5 TIME CHAMPS
19,146 Posts
usually small one pick at each other if placed together in a small environment so you really can't do anything about that hell even when ther big but aquarium store don't give a sh*t so what can you do,i say pick some up.there still young

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
one of the best things for healing fin nips is MELAFIX and you could also arrange tank to its maximum potential and have lots of territories and hiding places :
:

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I actually thought about it, but I just bought 4 baby reds, and the one thing I like about these guys is when they get a little larger they will be able to collectively take down a whole goldfish. I dont know if a SPilo will be able to do that. Not int he amount of time I will be keeping it. I know 4 reds can work together and tear some shibby up.

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts
nice one, but I guess it is time to change your signature.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
I would get them. Most LFS dont take care of the fish as well as a good hobbyist (sp) does. Fin nips will happen and they will grow back fairly quick.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts